DISAPPOINTED - controls

#1wowkirinPosted 9/12/2011 9:20:13 PM
no customization on the sticks OR buttons. Not even control scheme options. straight up default sticks and a button layout THEY chose. WHY is L Trigger the cover button when cover can be TOGGLED? what a waste of the trigger.
---
Q6700 @ 3.25ghz, BFG 285 OC, 4GB DDR3 @ 1333mhz
#2Xerosnake90Posted 9/12/2011 9:25:20 PM
Quit playing COD so much then?

Control scheme is hardly anything new, though yes, a choice to move things around would've been nice. It's pretty funny to see that not every game has this as a day 1 addition. Every game should have full button customization, simple as that.
---
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90
#3saint35Posted 9/12/2011 9:25:48 PM
Controls work fine for me. On my second playthrough of the game. Almost finished. Guess I can understand where you are coming from though. Always nice to be able to change the controls however you wish.
---
My name is Grahf... The seeker of power. You certainly showed how much power you had back there in Lahan, didn't you, Fei!? - Grahf from Xenogears.
#4ViciousXl2Posted 9/12/2011 11:27:40 PM
wowkirin posted...
no customization on the sticks OR buttons. Not even control scheme options. straight up default sticks and a button layout THEY chose. WHY is L Trigger the cover button when cover can be TOGGLED? what a waste of the trigger.

Should play Rainbow Six Vegas.
Great shooter
---
If you kill him in one shot, he'll give you ten bucks
#5_Itachi_Uchiha_Posted 9/13/2011 9:34:15 AM
Customization would be nice. The controls took me a moment to get used to but its nothing difficult.
---
Former Competitive Gamer: SSBM, SSBB, Pokemon DPP, Pokemon BW, Call of Duty, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2.
#6DutchZombiePosted 9/13/2011 9:40:27 AM

Nothing to be dissapointed about, the control layout actually works really well for the game .

#7VamphaeryPosted 9/13/2011 9:49:32 AM
The control scheme, initially, was very difficult for me to come to grips with. I had to replay the prologue section about ten times before cover and aiming made sense to me. (I don't play a lot of cover shooters.)

But once I got used to them, and realized how versatile and usable they were, they become extremely empowering. Within a few hours you'll be lithely hopping from cover to cover without being detected, headshotting guards from behind, and stuffing them in vents.

Just stick with it.

I do of course agree that there should be customization. It's always a good option to have.
---
Trolls always pretend not to understand the concept of a subjective opinion... or claim to understand it but just insult you for having one in the first place.