DISAPPOINTED - controls

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  3. DISAPPOINTED - controls

User Info: wowkirin

wowkirin
5 years ago#1
no customization on the sticks OR buttons. Not even control scheme options. straight up default sticks and a button layout THEY chose. WHY is L Trigger the cover button when cover can be TOGGLED? what a waste of the trigger.
Q6700 @ 3.25ghz, BFG 285 OC, 4GB DDR3 @ 1333mhz

User Info: Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90
5 years ago#2
Quit playing COD so much then?

Control scheme is hardly anything new, though yes, a choice to move things around would've been nice. It's pretty funny to see that not every game has this as a day 1 addition. Every game should have full button customization, simple as that.
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90

User Info: saint35

saint35
5 years ago#3
Controls work fine for me. On my second playthrough of the game. Almost finished. Guess I can understand where you are coming from though. Always nice to be able to change the controls however you wish.
My name is Grahf... The seeker of power. You certainly showed how much power you had back there in Lahan, didn't you, Fei!? - Grahf from Xenogears.

User Info: ViciousXl2

ViciousXl2
5 years ago#4
wowkirin posted...
no customization on the sticks OR buttons. Not even control scheme options. straight up default sticks and a button layout THEY chose. WHY is L Trigger the cover button when cover can be TOGGLED? what a waste of the trigger.

Should play Rainbow Six Vegas.
Great shooter
If you kill him in one shot, he'll give you ten bucks

User Info: _Itachi_Uchiha_

_Itachi_Uchiha_
5 years ago#5
Customization would be nice. The controls took me a moment to get used to but its nothing difficult.
Former Competitive Gamer: SSBM, SSBB, Pokemon DPP, Pokemon BW, Call of Duty, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2.

User Info: DutchZombie

DutchZombie
5 years ago#6

Nothing to be dissapointed about, the control layout actually works really well for the game .

User Info: Vamphaery

Vamphaery
5 years ago#7
The control scheme, initially, was very difficult for me to come to grips with. I had to replay the prologue section about ten times before cover and aiming made sense to me. (I don't play a lot of cover shooters.)

But once I got used to them, and realized how versatile and usable they were, they become extremely empowering. Within a few hours you'll be lithely hopping from cover to cover without being detected, headshotting guards from behind, and stuffing them in vents.

Just stick with it.

I do of course agree that there should be customization. It's always a good option to have.
Trolls always pretend not to understand the concept of a subjective opinion... or claim to understand it but just insult you for having one in the first place.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  3. DISAPPOINTED - controls

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived