Missing Link achievements (SPOILERS)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  3. Missing Link achievements (SPOILERS)

User Info: JJ180

JJ180
5 years ago#1
I thought it would be good to compile a list of secret achievements for the DLC since I could not find one on the internet at this early juncture:

massive SPOILERS for DLC but I try to avoid where possible

Out of the Frying Pan: Unlocks during story.

Never Stop Looking: Unlocks during story.

Good Samaritan: Sidequest 1, find a component to repair a stasis pod. The component is hidden behind some crates through a door on the same level that you need to use it.

Never Forget: Find a certain special container on board the ship. I believe it is in the second big room with a ton of containers and ladders, explore.

The Learn'd Scholar: I'm not sure what triggered this, I think based on the icon it is collecting all those weird looking data pods that serve no function.

All of the Above: When you have to make a decision about who gets gassed, save everyone. There is a hidden passage on the first floor of the detention block hidden behind a heavy crate, then you use jumping aug to find a secret room and shoot the green tube.

Back Stage Pass: After a certain major plot point late in the game you can enter Quinn's shop. There is a button hidden behind some crates.

Factory Zero: Exactly what the description says: never upgrade, shoot a weapon, or use explosives.

I don't know what the other two are because I haven't popped them yet. I imagine one involves completing the rocket launcher which I failed to do, and I have no idea about the other one.
Blank

User Info: Sasquatch8080

Sasquatch8080
5 years ago#2
Here is the complete list:

Good Samaritan (20 GP): You replaced the power supply on a damaged stasis pod, saving the occupant's life
Out of the Frying Pan (20 GP): You made it off the boat... but to what end?
The Learn'd Scholar (20 GP): When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me...
Never Forget (20 GP): You revisited the site where Belltower discovered and captured you
Never Stop Looking (20 GP): You escaped Rifleman Bank Station. Nothing will stop you from finding Megan now.
Factory Zero (70 GP): You survived The Missing Link using no Praxis kits, weapons, or explosives. Whoa.
That Old Adage (20 GP): Apparently, your CASIE augmentation doesn't work on everyone...
Apex Predator (20 GP): You performed a takedown on Burke without being detected.
Back Stage Pass (20 GP): You gained access to Quinn's secret store.
All of the Above (20 GP): You managed to save Dr. Kavanagh and all the prisoners, too

User Info: yoomazir

yoomazir
5 years ago#3
ah crap, I guess the DLC is meant to be played 2 times then, you can't get the Factory Zero and All of the Above achievement at the same time...

On a side note, I think the Factory Zero achievement is a bit misleading, I've beat the dlc without doing anything mentioned in it but still didn't got the achiev, I guess picking up weapons, mods & praxis count as using them...
meh

User Info: JJ180

JJ180
5 years ago#4
Thanks for the help Sasquatch8080.

I guess I'll have to do a third playthrough and pick up the CASIE.

yoomazir, I'm not sure on the exact conditions, but to be safe on Factory Zero:
- I never picked up any weapons, grenades, mine templates, or praxis kits.
- I never spent any praxis points I earned.
- I never threw any red barrels.

I was a little worried because I did throw one fire extinguisher to create a distraction, but that does not count as an explosive because I still got the achievement.
Blank

User Info: No_Mega

No_Mega
5 years ago#5
I think even upgrading skills earned through experiences will invalidate factory zero.

User Info: Sasquatch8080

Sasquatch8080
5 years ago#6
I actually got all but one achievement, but I saved A TON. Once I got the Factory Zero achievement, I just loaded up a save point and put some skills into what I needed. If you are doing a second playthrough, make sure to save at points you know you will need it considering you know what the achievements are now :) YouTube was a huge help on figuring out where to go IMO.

User Info: CrimzinChaos

CrimzinChaos
5 years ago#7
i just got this achievement and i accidentally picked up a shotgun. I never fired it and i dropped it right away from my inventory. I also picked up a praxis kit by accident. Again i never used it. Never used any level up praxis points either. Hope this helps. Cheers. :)

User Info: giantartichoke

giantartichoke
5 years ago#8
CrimzinChaos posted...
i just got this achievement and i accidentally picked up a shotgun. I never fired it and i dropped it right away from my inventory. I also picked up a praxis kit by accident. Again i never used it. Never used any level up praxis points either. Hope this helps. Cheers. :)

I picked up weapons (in order to sell them). In fact, I (stupidly) even decided to reload the pistols shotguns I picked up for no good reason. I also picked up all the Praxis kits I could find.

However, I never threw a grenade, fired a weapon, or upgraded a single aug, and I did get the achievement.

User Info: yoomazir

yoomazir
5 years ago#9
giantartichoke posted...
CrimzinChaos posted...

I picked up weapons (in order to sell them). In fact, I (stupidly) even decided to reload the pistols shotguns I picked up for no good reason. I also picked up all the Praxis kits I could find.

However, I never threw a grenade, fired a weapon, or upgraded a single aug, and I did get the achievement.

That's what I also did, yet didn't got the achievement... maybe because I once upgraded a weapon in the dlc?
meh

User Info: cmiksch

cmiksch
5 years ago#10
Bump
[img]http://www.geocities.com/reganoutbreak/ResidentEvil.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/reganoutbreak/ResidentEvil.JPG[/img]
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  3. Missing Link achievements (SPOILERS)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived