Missing Link achievements (SPOILERS)

#1JJ 180Posted 10/19/2011 1:46:39 AM
I thought it would be good to compile a list of secret achievements for the DLC since I could not find one on the internet at this early juncture:

massive SPOILERS for DLC but I try to avoid where possible

Out of the Frying Pan: Unlocks during story.

Never Stop Looking: Unlocks during story.

Good Samaritan: Sidequest 1, find a component to repair a stasis pod. The component is hidden behind some crates through a door on the same level that you need to use it.

Never Forget: Find a certain special container on board the ship. I believe it is in the second big room with a ton of containers and ladders, explore.

The Learn'd Scholar: I'm not sure what triggered this, I think based on the icon it is collecting all those weird looking data pods that serve no function.

All of the Above: When you have to make a decision about who gets gassed, save everyone. There is a hidden passage on the first floor of the detention block hidden behind a heavy crate, then you use jumping aug to find a secret room and shoot the green tube.

Back Stage Pass: After a certain major plot point late in the game you can enter Quinn's shop. There is a button hidden behind some crates.

Factory Zero: Exactly what the description says: never upgrade, shoot a weapon, or use explosives.

I don't know what the other two are because I haven't popped them yet. I imagine one involves completing the rocket launcher which I failed to do, and I have no idea about the other one.
---
Blank
#2Sasquatch8080Posted 10/19/2011 7:47:33 AM
Here is the complete list:

Good Samaritan (20 GP): You replaced the power supply on a damaged stasis pod, saving the occupant's life
Out of the Frying Pan (20 GP): You made it off the boat... but to what end?
The Learn'd Scholar (20 GP): When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me...
Never Forget (20 GP): You revisited the site where Belltower discovered and captured you
Never Stop Looking (20 GP): You escaped Rifleman Bank Station. Nothing will stop you from finding Megan now.
Factory Zero (70 GP): You survived The Missing Link using no Praxis kits, weapons, or explosives. Whoa.
That Old Adage (20 GP): Apparently, your CASIE augmentation doesn't work on everyone...
Apex Predator (20 GP): You performed a takedown on Burke without being detected.
Back Stage Pass (20 GP): You gained access to Quinn's secret store.
All of the Above (20 GP): You managed to save Dr. Kavanagh and all the prisoners, too
#3yoomazirPosted 10/19/2011 9:07:30 AM
ah crap, I guess the DLC is meant to be played 2 times then, you can't get the Factory Zero and All of the Above achievement at the same time...

On a side note, I think the Factory Zero achievement is a bit misleading, I've beat the dlc without doing anything mentioned in it but still didn't got the achiev, I guess picking up weapons, mods & praxis count as using them...
---
meh
#4JJ 180(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2011 10:38:58 AM
Thanks for the help Sasquatch8080.

I guess I'll have to do a third playthrough and pick up the CASIE.

yoomazir, I'm not sure on the exact conditions, but to be safe on Factory Zero:
- I never picked up any weapons, grenades, mine templates, or praxis kits.
- I never spent any praxis points I earned.
- I never threw any red barrels.

I was a little worried because I did throw one fire extinguisher to create a distraction, but that does not count as an explosive because I still got the achievement.
---
Blank
#5No_MegaPosted 10/19/2011 3:33:27 PM
I think even upgrading skills earned through experiences will invalidate factory zero.
#6Sasquatch8080Posted 10/20/2011 6:30:26 AM
I actually got all but one achievement, but I saved A TON. Once I got the Factory Zero achievement, I just loaded up a save point and put some skills into what I needed. If you are doing a second playthrough, make sure to save at points you know you will need it considering you know what the achievements are now :) YouTube was a huge help on figuring out where to go IMO.
#7CrimzinChaosPosted 10/20/2011 6:27:09 PM
i just got this achievement and i accidentally picked up a shotgun. I never fired it and i dropped it right away from my inventory. I also picked up a praxis kit by accident. Again i never used it. Never used any level up praxis points either. Hope this helps. Cheers. :)
#8giantartichokePosted 10/20/2011 10:00:03 PM
CrimzinChaos posted...
i just got this achievement and i accidentally picked up a shotgun. I never fired it and i dropped it right away from my inventory. I also picked up a praxis kit by accident. Again i never used it. Never used any level up praxis points either. Hope this helps. Cheers. :)

I picked up weapons (in order to sell them). In fact, I (stupidly) even decided to reload the pistols shotguns I picked up for no good reason. I also picked up all the Praxis kits I could find.

However, I never threw a grenade, fired a weapon, or upgraded a single aug, and I did get the achievement.
#9yoomazirPosted 10/20/2011 11:46:00 PM
giantartichoke posted...
CrimzinChaos posted...

I picked up weapons (in order to sell them). In fact, I (stupidly) even decided to reload the pistols shotguns I picked up for no good reason. I also picked up all the Praxis kits I could find.

However, I never threw a grenade, fired a weapon, or upgraded a single aug, and I did get the achievement.

That's what I also did, yet didn't got the achievement... maybe because I once upgraded a weapon in the dlc?
---
meh
#10cmikschPosted 10/25/2011 2:04:57 PM
Bump
---
[img]http://www.geocities.com/reganoutbreak/ResidentEvil.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/reganoutbreak/ResidentEvil.JPG[/img]