Well That Was Dissapointing.. (end game spoilers)

#1Yogal_FishPosted 10/22/2011 11:25:14 AM
It seemed to be missing something, It felt empty. All the stuff I did while playing was just left, it all seemed an illusion of choice. I would of loved a cutscene explaining what happened after all of this, what happened to Megan, Sarif etc, but I was left with a voice over.

Anyone else feel this way?
---
"Nothing can ever beat a full bearded Kurt Russell wearing a sombrero" - Xipe-Totec
http://i.imgur.com/3gmU6.gif | Living is easy with closed eyes.
#2JyaganPosted 10/22/2011 12:31:33 PM
If you play the first game, you already know what happens after the events of this game.

And the after credits cutscene explains what happens to Megan.
---
The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating,and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it.
#3Yogal_Fish(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2011 12:36:34 PM
Jyagan posted...
If you play the first game, you already know what happens after the events of this game.

Its not really what happens to the world, but more to the characters.

And i will look up the after credits thing on youtube.
---
"Nothing can ever beat a full bearded Kurt Russell wearing a sombrero" - Xipe-Totec
http://i.imgur.com/3gmU6.gif | Living is easy with closed eyes.
#4TrueFinalePosted 10/22/2011 2:09:17 PM
Yeah sure I know how you felt. This was the first DX I played so I have no idea what happens later on in the series but the ending didn't give satisfying conclusion wrapping everything up and I personally felt there wasn't enough character emotional development (for an RPG and story driven game). I couldn't find myself feeling a connection to the characters I suppose is a way to put it.
---
Online statuts: Mostly weekend evenings, sometimes daytimes. GMT +10 hours
#5theos666Posted 10/22/2011 6:11:31 PM
Seeing that you can kill Saif or Taggert their story is nonessential to the Deus Ex universe. Megan ends up working for Page on the Grey Death virus. Jensen may live or die, depending on the ending you choose. Hopefully they make another game and answer some of our questions.
#6Chr0noidPosted 10/29/2011 10:20:03 AM
Jyagan posted...

That's not an excuse. No one should have to "play the first game" to get a satisfying conclusion to this one. That shows lack of effort on the dev's part.
---
They might as well just advertise it as a date rape drug at this point. -Lt.Storm on AXE Deodorant
#7APBadger1Posted 10/29/2011 1:10:21 PM
Migeira posted...
Jyagan posted...

That's not an excuse. No one should have to "play the first game" to get a satisfying conclusion to this one. That shows lack of effort on the dev's part.

No, it isn't an excuse for not having a proper ending. But this conversation has been and gone, mostly because of me.
---
I'm playing a cyberpunk JRPG called Gen'ei Toshi (Illusion City) released in 1991 by Microcabin for the MSX Turbo R. You should too.