(SPOILERS) So which ending is canon?

#1The_DanishPosted 8/25/2011 8:44:32 PM
I'm not entirely sure. Possibly Taggart's ending, as it would allow the UN to form UNATCO. I also suspect the "hallway" ending, where you destroy Panchaea, would flow best into the original's timeline, as I don't recall the events of DX:HR being mentioned in DX 1.0.
#2AdlehydePosted 8/25/2011 8:45:44 PM
I think all 4 could fit well with the story.
---
"I could speak forever... but I can't." ~Gary Busey
#3Zack3000Posted 8/25/2011 8:49:43 PM
My guess is Illuminati or blow everything up. Those 2 mesh best with Deus Ex.
---
copyright( Aim Chat Associations
#4ILMSWPosted 8/25/2011 8:53:06 PM
Everything gets blown up regardless, in the after credits bit they mention "wreckage" which implies they remotely triggered the project to implode regardless of your choice.
---
Time wounds all heels.
#5ApokatastasisPosted 8/25/2011 8:54:09 PM
I've the sneaking decision that the blow everything up option is the one that's canon. It's the decision that Adam arrives at without the influence of Sarif, Darrow, or Taggart, which is that he acknowledges that even he doesn't have the right to decide the course of humanity by himself.

For some reason, before the game's release I thought that Eliza would represent the Helios option, and that would be where Bob Page got the idea for his plans in Deus Ex 1.
#6The_Danish(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 8:56:26 PM
Apokatastasis posted...
I've the sneaking decision that the blow everything up option is the one that's canon. It's the decision that Adam arrives at without the influence of Sarif, Darrow, or Taggart, which is that he acknowledges that even he doesn't have the right to decide the course of humanity by himself.

That ending was my favorite by far.
#7ApokatastasisPosted 8/25/2011 8:57:15 PM
The_Danish posted...
Apokatastasis posted...

That ending was my favorite by far.

Mine too, man. Mine too. Though personally, I thought the Darrow one was alright as well.
#8DarthRLinkPosted 8/26/2011 7:49:33 AM
Illuminati is most likely canon. Its also my least favorite. My favorites were definitely the Darrow and Self Destruct Endings.
---
"How's your wife?" "Not to good she's in bed with Laryngitis"
"Is that Argonian bastard back in town again?"
#9ChunhwaPosted 8/26/2011 7:52:56 AM
That's the beauty of Deus Ex. There's room for all of them to be canon, thus the canon choice is whichever one you picked. Personally, I like the Sarif ending.
---
One footstep among many is silent. One footstep alone is deafening.
#10CthulhuDagonPosted 8/26/2011 7:58:14 AM
Chunhwa posted...
That's the beauty of Deus Ex. There's room for all of them to be canon, thus the canon choice is whichever one you picked. Personally, I like the Sarif ending.

Same here. Feels like the next game will be as Paul Denton. Or at least another with Adam finding more out about Paul and Megan. There's lots of options going forward.
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.