Left dialogue crashes

#1KayausPosted 8/31/2011 4:12:26 PM
My game started this today for some reason. Every time i select the left dialogue option now, i crash to desktop instantly. My game does not crash at any other time. Anyone know what makes the left option so special that it crashes me? The other choices work fine and its not just in one instance.
#2oansPosted 9/3/2011 2:54:54 AM
The same for me... :(

Kayaus posted...
My game started this today for some reason. Every time i select the left dialogue option now, i crash to desktop instantly. My game does not crash at any other time. Anyone know what makes the left option so special that it crashes me? The other choices work fine and its not just in one instance.
#3Kayaus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 3:06:06 AM
Reinstalling fixed it, but i worry it'll come back. Only thing i've done on this computer is normal Internet stuff and play Deus Ex since i installed. So it must've been the game that caused it to begin with. It's definitely the most bizarre crash i have seen. I was completely confused by it.
#4MancombSeepgoodPosted 9/3/2011 4:39:22 AM
Stop using trainers. They cause the game to crash at dialogue options.

In before 'but I never use trainers!!!1!!1!'
---
"This post is completely false and defamatory. Take it down or else."
#5Kayaus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 6:49:31 PM
MancombSeepgood posted...
Stop using trainers. They cause the game to crash at dialogue options.

In before 'but I never use trainers!!!1!!1!'

Yeah your cool, ass. This was a legitimate problem that was causing the game to be unplayable to a certain degree. I am not a huge PC gamer and have never even heard of "trainers" before reading this forum. I have come to the conclusion it is a cheat tool of some sort and if i did use something that edited my game then i would know what my problem was. Being i do not use a trainer, i posted this to see if anyone has experienced this or knew of a solution since searching came up with nothing. Thank you for your lack of courtesy and useful wisdom on the issue.

While reinstalling is an obvious choice in an attempt to fix a problem, for some people waiting for the game to download and install itself again is not something they are eager to do. If there was a more simple solution i would be all over it, but this is what helped my situation. So maybe this topic will at least save some people time from trying to search for other answers when i have already done that. Because you know, i like to try to be more productive on the internet than "in before blah blah blah"
#6MancombSeepgoodPosted 9/3/2011 7:16:22 PM
I read that as 'I used trainers, but don't want to admit it'.
---
#7sandmanofdarkdreamsPosted 9/3/2011 7:58:44 PM
MancombSeepgood posted...
I read that as 'I used trainers, but don't want to admit it'.

I don't usually chime in on things like this, but you aren't really doing anything to contribute to tc's problem. You are just stirring up unnecessary hostility with rude comments. He says he isn't using one, so I don't see any reason not to believe him.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#8MancombSeepgoodPosted 9/3/2011 8:28:21 PM
I don't usually chime in on things like this, but you aren't really doing anything to contribute to tc's problem. You are just stirring up unnecessary hostility with rude comments. He says he isn't using one, so I don't see any reason not to believe him.

I'm sure you'll be handsomely rewarded for defending this stranger, sir white knight. If you cared to visit the steam or Eidos forums you'd see that 99% of the people who complained about this exact issue were using a trainer.
---
#9sandmanofdarkdreamsPosted 9/3/2011 9:43:19 PM
I'm sure you'll be handsomely rewarded for defending this stranger, sir white knight. If you cared to visit the steam or Eidos forums you'd see that 99% of the people who complained about this exact issue were using a trainer.

Thanks I'll take a tall double whisky coke buddy! I sorta like the compliments so keep em coming! I'll be your "white knight" ;)
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#10SaffronGhostPosted 9/3/2011 9:46:45 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

Hope the reinstall fixes the problem for good, Kayaus.
---
So many failures.