The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Ending ***SPOILERS***

#1KuroskataPosted 8/25/2011 6:01:57 PM
*In case you missed the title, this thread will probably be rife with spoilers, so just a last warning.*

So I watched all four ending speeches, and I thought every single one was fantastic. Just one thing bugging me though... in the "other option" where Adam chooses to kill everybody in Panchaea and allow humanity to come to its own decision (without letting anybody, including himself influencing them)...

...if he's saved Malik and the scientists successfully, got away in the ship, doesn't that mean there are still people who know what's happened? e_e;
Of course, Malik and Pritchard most likely won't know enough about the truth from what they've uncovered (and even some of the scientists working weren't given information on anything other than their exact project, apparently), but didn't Reed know pretty much exactly what was going on? Or at least as much as Sarif does?

I just thought if Jensen was going to decide to kill everybody involved to spare the world from their influence, personal goals and suggestions, he'd forgotten a few possibilities >_>.
#2AzNGodSpeedPosted 8/25/2011 6:04:16 PM
Not to mention that Reed was obviously up to no good after the ending credits ._.
---
PSN: Lunar_Phase
#3ChunhwaPosted 8/25/2011 6:05:29 PM
AzNGodSpeed posted...
Not to mention that Reed was obviously up to no good after the ending credits ._.

Yep. Sounds like she helps manufacture the gray death.
---
One footstep among many is silent. One footstep alone is deafening.
#4Raven2827Posted 8/25/2011 6:36:15 PM
I didn't finish the game yet, but from what i see, Reed is still alive? is in Megan? WTF.
---
ASUS P8P67 | 2600K @ 4.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 500GB Seagate 7200.12 | Intel 80GB SSD | GTX 260 | 42" @ 1920x1080 + 22" @ 1920x1080 | Win7 Ultimate x64
#5ywywywPosted 8/25/2011 6:39:53 PM

I just beat the game and watched all 4 endings aswell as watch the surprise after the credits. I didn't play the first Deus ex though so I'm having trouble understanding the surprise, as I'm sure it relates to Deus Ex 1. It would be cool if someone could clue me in on what the surprise after credits was all about. Also I did all the side missions, but I still dont really understand who Adam Jensens real parents were. Did I miss something?

#6ChunhwaPosted 8/25/2011 6:47:19 PM
ywywyw posted...
I just beat the game and watched all 4 endings aswell as watch the surprise after the credits. I didn't play the first Deus ex though so I'm having trouble understanding the surprise, as I'm sure it relates to Deus Ex 1. It would be cool if someone could clue me in on what the surprise after credits was all about. Also I did all the side missions, but I still dont really understand who Adam Jensens real parents were. Did I miss something?

You must have missed following up on pritchard's lead if you don't know about adam's parents. As for the post-credits surprise, you see Bob Page, the big bad of DX1 talking with Reed about creating the gray death, a man-made plague and a central plot point of DX1.
---
One footstep among many is silent. One footstep alone is deafening.
#7ywywywPosted 8/25/2011 6:50:32 PM

Thanks for the info about bob page and megan reed. I did follow up on Pritchards lead. I talked with that Michelle lady that told me some stuff. I know Adams real parents worked for that company (white helix if i remember correctly). I'm not sure who they are. Do they ever give specific names?

#8Raven2827Posted 8/25/2011 6:52:25 PM
Chunhwa posted...
ywywyw posted...

You must have missed following up on pritchard's lead if you don't know about adam's parents. As for the post-credits surprise, you see Bob Page, the big bad of DX1 talking with Reed about creating the gray death, a man-made plague and a central plot point of DX1.

Still too many questions unanswered though. That after credits scene screams sequel. It screams it.
---
ASUS P8P67 | 2600K @ 4.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 500GB Seagate 7200.12 | Intel 80GB SSD | GTX 260 | 42" @ 1920x1080 + 22" @ 1920x1080 | Win7 Ultimate x64
#9Zack3000Posted 8/25/2011 6:53:53 PM
I didn't finish the game yet, but from what i see, Reed is still alive? is in Megan? WTF.

Well you were asking for it.

Deus Ex spoilers incoming.

She ends up working for Bob Page, who is the big bad guy behind everything in Deus Ex one. More or less the leader of the Illuminati splinter group (Majestic 12) that holds more power than the Illuminati at that point. It's implied Megan possibly helps to create "Grey Death" virus, a core part of the plot from Deus Ex.

In regards to Jensens parent's, it's never really explained. But it was heavily implied the process which was used to "create" him, or whatever gave him his aug affinity, is similar to what the Majestic 12 did to create JC and Paul Denton in Deus Ex. Except that they are compatible with nano-augmentations in the way Adam is with mechanical ones, which are superior to the mechanical ones presented in HR. It is also implied Megan may have a part in their creation (though the timelines don't match up exactly, but then again JC's and Paul's past may have been somewhat falsified and this game seems more like a reboot anyway),

In short, Megan probably helped to create the key characters of Deus Ex using what she learned from Adam's DNA. But we're still not quite sure who exactly did mess around with his DNA in the first place (but probably Illuminati or early Majestic 12 experiments)
---
copyright( Aim Chat Associations
#10ywywywPosted 8/25/2011 6:56:54 PM

Ah, cool. Thanks for the info Zack =D

More topics from this board...
Josie ThorpeMouser0526/30 8:04AM