Was anyone else surprised that Pritchard... *spoilers*

#1TazmanianDPosted 2/18/2013 6:43:51 PM
...wasn't the bad guy? I totally expected that I'd end up killing him by the end of the game because he seemed like the cliche douchebag evil guy that turns out to be in on all the bad stuff.
#2red255Posted 2/19/2013 9:47:02 AM
no he didn't.

he sounded honest. You have to admit you are an insufferable righetous d-bag, and pritchard treated you as such.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#3bionicman_3090Posted 2/19/2013 7:57:06 PM
I wasn't surprised. The first mission gave it away. When you free the hostages and tell Pritchard to convey the message to Sarif, he asks if he'd be conveying good news, in a very smart-alec way. It just shows that both Adam and Pritchard don't see eye-to-eye but are good guys regardless.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
#4TazmanianD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:02:56 PM
red255 posted...
no he didn't.

he sounded honest. You have to admit you are an insufferable righetous d-bag, and pritchard treated you as such.

I thought "Maybe this time you'll actually save people." sounded pretty douchy. Or "Well if it isn't Mahatma Gandhi himself, come to save us all with his life-preserving presence!" Or "Yes, I did. Want to know how? Oh wait. I forgot. Ex-cop. I doubt you'd understand."
#5Blitz4532Posted 2/25/2013 5:18:25 PM
He's a ruthless businessman, so chances are he's had trouble dealing with police investigations into supposed corruption before. Besides, Adam comes off as righteous & holier than thou at times. I like how the game portrays that everyone has faults to some degree like that.
---
I am the Stig
Get big or die tryin'.
#6Brig123Posted 3/1/2013 9:59:20 PM
I did pay attention to all the e-mails around the world chronicling Nucl3arsnake (Pritchard's Net handle), and it came out like he was pretty much defending and running network security all the time, but it was kinda cool to look at him in a different light.
#7SahuaginPosted 3/5/2013 7:15:12 PM
it would have surprised the heck outa me. Pritchard was basically the equivalent to Alex Jacobson, but with the reverse dynamic (annoying and sarcastic instead of being super friendly and agreeable).
---
ungubby is awesome
http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1060000/1060248_6a29_625x1000.jpg
#8tony8669Posted 3/18/2013 4:48:53 PM
I haven't gone through the story, but I was interested in seeing if they were going to be obvious, or just make it seem like Pritchard was crooked.

I saw some emails where he was telling people to investigate without telling Jensen, so I was wondering if it was just due to rivalry, or actual involvement in the crimes.

Kind of happy to see they didn't go with the obvious. It would have made everything too "Scooby Doo".
#9Santo3485Posted 3/28/2013 11:07:43 AM
Somehow Pritchard reminds me of Falcon from Star Fox. A good guy and a d-bag.
---
In theory there is no differens between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.
More topics from this board...
Josie ThorpeMouser0526/30 8:04AM