Extra reward for non-lethal play, aside from XP & achievement?

#1ratz_hkPosted 3/2/2013 6:24:30 AM
Hi guys, first of all thanks for reassuring me in my other topic, it has been a blast so far!

Anyways, back on topic.....are there other extra benefits for going non-lethal, aside from the higher XP and the achievements?
What I mean by that is like the Hitman game where you get different weapon rewards if you complete missions/ quests without being seen/ killed.

Thanks!
#2Blitz4532Posted 3/4/2013 2:41:27 AM
From what I could remember (which was a long time ago) the biggest difference is people treat you differently. Allies call you a pacifist while enemies you eavesdrop on call you essentially think you're batman.
---
I am the Stig
Get big or die tryin'.
#3jakeDiLLaPosted 3/8/2013 10:57:27 AM
The only thing I noticed was like the above poster said, there were a couple instances (if that) where guards would be talking about how they were nervous you would at any moment sneak up on them, and there was definitely a reference to batman.

I did the pacifist/no alarms playthrough on 360 for the achievement. I didn't find it as challenging as I thought, but The Missing Link dlc has a challenge to beat it without having used any praxis kits or weapons (including grenades) and THAT was definitely challenging.

Now I'm thinking of doing a playthrough of the main game without using praxis or weapons at all for the challenge. Only thing stopping me is the thought of how boring it would be.
#4tony8669Posted 3/18/2013 3:54:07 PM
I just started the game, and am noticing how you're really better off going non-lethal.

So I start over? I just finished the factory, so it's not a big deal right now. I restarted once already because I lollygagged and all the hostages were dead by the time I even got there.
#5valkod23Posted 3/24/2013 3:58:35 AM
tony8669 posted...
I just started the game, and am noticing how you're really better off going non-lethal.

So I start over? I just finished the factory, so it's not a big deal right now. I restarted once already because I lollygagged and all the hostages were dead by the time I even got there.

I'd say go non-lethal for a long time and then when the Belltower Apartment bit starts, you can go lethal, also for when the chopper is shot down and you're in a rush to save the pilot.
---
PSN: Valkod
Playing Dark Souls and Baldur's Gate Trilogy right now.
#6MattheauPosted 3/25/2013 12:09:56 AM
valkod23 posted...
I'd say go non-lethal for a long time and then when the Belltower Apartment bit starts, you can go lethal, also for when the chopper is shot down and you're in a rush to save the pilot.

The chopper section is a lot easier if you do it non-lethal. The soldiers in that section will not revive knocked out soldiers while the chopper is still there. The stun gun is far and away the easiest weapon for completing that section. It's a guaranteed one shot takedown on every enemy that poses an actual threat to the chopper regardless of where it hits them.
#7TazmanianDPosted 3/25/2013 5:32:40 PM
I find that by the time I get to the chopper section I've accumulated so many energy bars in my inventory that I can just cloak and take everyone out with take-downs and never leave my cloak. Got to be careful not to kill anyone disabling the robot though.
---
Join the Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera, the successor to Planescape: Torment:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera
#8MattheauPosted 3/26/2013 12:54:30 AM
TazmanianD posted...
I find that by the time I get to the chopper section I've accumulated so many energy bars in my inventory that I can just cloak and take everyone out with take-downs and never leave my cloak. Got to be careful not to kill anyone disabling the robot though.

Hence why the stun gun is easier. If you cloak and pop off shots with it rather than running up to use takedowns, none of the enemies will have enough time to get into the blast range of the bot.
#9TazmanianDPosted 3/26/2013 8:01:32 AM
Mattheau posted...
TazmanianD posted...

Hence why the stun gun is easier. If you cloak and pop off shots with it rather than running up to use takedowns, none of the enemies will have enough time to get into the blast range of the bot.

Ah yes, true. Of course you get fewer XP that way. Although if you're going for max XP, you're better of running through to the elevator and then coming back when you can get DTDs.
---
Join the Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera, the successor to Planescape: Torment:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera
#10Blitz4532Posted 3/26/2013 2:14:34 PM
I'd go non lethal but I love the typhoon too much...
---
I am the Stig
Get big or die tryin'.