Bugged "Ghost" bonus? Antenna mission

#1ratz_hkPosted 3/10/2013 4:42:57 AM
Hi all, checked the forums but didn't see this being asked, so here goes...

I'm doing the Antenna mission in Derelict Row right after the Cloak & Daggers mission (which I got the bonus for not being seen), but even though I sneaked past everyone without the status raised to "alarmed" or "hostile" in my second visit to the section, I did not get the ghost bonus...which sucks because that's the XP I need for my next praxis point.

So my question is, is there really a bug that prevents the ghost bonus randomly? Or does the additional bonus in the Cloaks & Daggers mission have different criteria as the ghost bonus and I actually already screwed up before I did the quest?

Thanks, this really kills a lot of the fun....

p.s. the wiki says that this mission does have the ghost bonus...
#2jakeDiLLaPosted 3/12/2013 10:29:05 AM
how does that kill a lot of fun? there's more than enough ways to make up the points, but my guess is you either did a takedown or failed a hack. Go read an ebook for your 200 xp.

I'm so annoyed with people trashing/blaming the game because they didn't get an achievement or experience or whatever. Just play the game...
#3TazmanianDPosted 3/12/2013 9:11:49 PM
Have you played the game before? There's a sort of known glitch you can probably find in a thread here where it seems that some information from previous save games can interfere with these missions bonuses. There's no known fix and I don't thing it's known for sure that this is the cause. I've definitely had missions where I ran from start to finish using my cloak the entire time and still couldn't get the Ghost bonus.

You should make sure to delete your save games before you start (including your steam cloud saves which is interesting to do).

On the bright side, you can look at the missing bonus as something to look forward to trying to get on your next playthrough :-/ Missing a Ghost bonus doesn't necessarily mean you'll fail any of the achievements if that's what you're looking forward to.

But one further note, I believe you can lose the Ghost bonus if someone finds one of your bodies even if you don't see an alarmed status directly from any of them.
---
Join the Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera, the successor to Planescape: Torment:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera
#4jakeDiLLaPosted 3/15/2013 3:30:21 PM
If there are any bodies left by you period, that would negate the ghost bonus, no?
#5ratz_hk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:31:59 AM
Thanks guy, thinking back I probably lost the bonus the minute I walked into Derelict Row...because I punched through the wall. I actually replayed most of the section and found that I either lost the bonus before making it in, or it's some bug. LOL.

And hey no need for the bashing, it actually does take a lot of fun out - some people enjoy seeing the protagonist go from noob to terminator more than anything. If the reward system turns out to be flawed them the character's development would be stunted and that's sucks.
#6jakeDiLLaPosted 3/17/2013 12:20:56 AM
You just said you punched someone through the wall, and you claim the system is "bugged" LOL.

Let me clear this up for you then. You don't get achievements/bonuses unless you do them properly. Ghost = Not being seen or killing/hurting anyone. Like I already said, if you want to have fun then just play the game.
#7tony8669Posted 3/18/2013 5:03:19 PM
jakeDiLLa posted...
You just said you punched someone through the wall, and you claim the system is "bugged" LOL.

Let me clear this up for you then. You don't get achievements/bonuses unless you do them properly. Ghost = Not being seen or killing/hurting anyone. Like I already said, if you want to have fun then just play the game.

Calm down man.