So the horse...

#1BhemontPosted 11/17/2010 1:22:49 AM

Bet there have been billion topics about this, but I just can't get over how frustrating it is to ride the horse.

Yes, I'm a complete nubb when it comes to the game, no I've only spent like 5min on it, but am beginning to wonder, should I give it more time, or just not use him at all. I realize there's a stamina meter there on the left side of the screen, and if it gets full I drop of the horse, not filling this meter however just makes the horse go so slowly.

Oh and, turning left and right, sometimes he turns 90 or even close to 180, anyway to prevent this?

Thanks, sincerely apologize if this came out as a rant xD

#2Sgt-DamainPosted 11/17/2010 1:43:08 AM

Are you trying to steer the horse with thr WASD keys? If so don't.

Steer with the mouse seem the best way to do it.

#3AmZDPosted 11/17/2010 3:03:17 AM
Actually holding W and steering with the mouse IS the way to ride the horse on PC. WASD only changes the direction he is facing based on the camera. So if you press A it will turn and ride 90 degrees to the left instead of gradually turning to the left.

It's a strange system but once you understand how it work, it doesn't bother you anymore.

You can get that stamina bar full, actually it is recommended to keep it full, just don't hit the horse when the bar turns red, that is when it will drop you. So basically keep stamina bar full, keep the W button pressed and steer with the mouse, you can thank us later ;).

Also don't worry, you only use a horse in the Savannah/Desert area.
#4red_ice9Posted 11/17/2010 3:49:26 AM
Being adaptive should be a common player trait. Dun give up on a small thing just to miss out on a big one. But if the big one is worse though, well no one can blame you. Haha.

Bad joke aside, keep holding W. it should put the feel of steering back to what you're are used to.

I wish for a mod to put the horse bar somewhere in the middle, top or bottom, of the screen so that it's not as hard to focus on where I'm going and the bar itself.
---
Perfection is an illusion; Aberrations are discoveries.
#5mikolajjjPosted 11/17/2010 6:23:44 AM
Bhemont posted...

Bet there have been billion topics about this, but I just can't get over how frustrating it is to ride the horse.

Yes, I'm a complete nubb when it comes to the game, no I've only spent like 5min on it, but am beginning to wonder, should I give it more time, or just not use him at all. I realize there's a stamina meter there on the left side of the screen, and if it gets full I drop of the horse, not filling this meter however just makes the horse go so slowly.

Oh and, turning left and right, sometimes he turns 90 or even close to 180, anyway to prevent this?

Thanks, sincerely apologize if this came out as a rant xD

To accelerate you need to press RMB.
#6craziii3Posted 11/17/2010 1:26:13 PM
two worlds 1 had the same problem. I basically had to travel on foot for most of the game.
---
insert: something clever!!!
#7iIIuminatiPosted 11/17/2010 4:11:29 PM
I'm not ashamed to admit that it took me a few tries to beat the Rustlers Run or whatever the horse race is called.
Oh and in case anyone doesn't know this but you can pick up objects without dismounting the horse by pressing the space bar when something is highlighted, just like on foot.

---

We watch. And we are always there.
#8AmZDPosted 11/17/2010 6:52:04 PM
No one managed to beat Rustlers Run on the first try, if they say otherwise they are most likely liars. I did it on my second try and it was a darn close finish.
#9elessarGObonzoPosted 11/18/2010 8:55:31 AM

I'm trying riding the horse right now. Holding W or other directional keys doesn't move the horse. All you have to do is keep pressing the sneak/block button and it accelerates forward, steer with the mouse-look.

#10ReonhatoPosted 11/18/2010 9:12:44 AM
The trials are pretty easy actually, I beat it on my second try because the first time I had the horse far away from the starting point... the NPC could've warn me before I accept "Hey! get the horse ready because the timer starts as soon as we are done talking!" but it has really awful controls no doubt, going on foot is more helpful and less frustrating, I would prefer the horse to act more like it does in Assassin's Creed or Red Dead Redemption
More topics from this board...
Ghortarius mute?HorrorJudasGoat210/12 1:08PM