open lock spell help

#1nnythmPosted 2/1/2011 9:36:23 AM
what do i need to do to open better locks with my spell?
i can open lvl 1 locks and i just can't figure out how to open better locks, my water skill is full
#2idlehands88Posted 2/1/2011 9:39:50 AM
put more element cards into the spell, just keep pressing A until you get to 10 cards.
---
XBL Gamertag: x Exiled 0ne x
#3PayneePosted 2/1/2011 9:43:57 AM
^^This. A lot of people don't realize that you need to continue to press on the selected card to keep "stacking". This go's for all cards.
---
---Have whip, will travel
#4Turambar304Posted 2/1/2011 9:53:16 AM
Yeah, it took me a few days to figure that one out too. I knew you could add multiple modifier cards, but thought when I clicked on the carrier and effect spaces it meant change card, not stack. But, yes you can add multiple ice cards and carrier cards to amplify the effects of your spells...
---
Turin Turambar---Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?-Mithrandir-(J.R.R. Tolkien)(GT,PSN: Turambar304)
#5plaintomatoPosted 2/1/2011 10:30:37 AM
I tested this out and it didn't seem to work for me. Maybe I only used two enchant cards and it didn't level the lock spell so I gave up, can't remember.

I would love to be able to spell open locks.

It is Ice + Enchant for a level one unlock - what is the build for a better lock spell?
#6idlehands88Posted 2/1/2011 10:33:00 AM
I haven't made one yet, but it should be:

10 Ice cards/ 1-10 Enchant cards.

Also try to add a Missile or area effect level to the card, that may help out.
---
XBL Gamertag: x Exiled 0ne x
#7Turambar304Posted 2/1/2011 10:57:57 AM
Here is my exact spell, that I just tested on a level 7 master lock, with related current skill levels at lvl40.(although it has worked for me for awhile now)

Water M. 10
Wisdom 10
Sorcery Artisan 10

Spell: Effect Card Carrier Card Costs 520 mana.
Ice (8 cards) Enchant (6 cards)
No modifiers

Works like a charm, and you wouldn't need your skill levels as high as mine just enough to use the right number of cards. Haven't met a lock yet that it wouldn't open.
---
Turin Turambar---Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?-Mithrandir-(J.R.R. Tolkien)(GT,PSN: Turambar304)
#8KkhainePosted 2/1/2011 11:59:00 AM
So 8+6 opens master lock? Cool I will incorporate that in my mage build for chest farming. Since the mage explodes everyting with missles, might shave a few seconds on my farm.