The loot in the game is horrible!

#1caliconePosted 3/2/2011 2:36:38 PM

I think the developer went backwards with the loot system. Each enemy will drop certain items only and will never drop armour (good luck upgrading any chain-mail armour). There is no variety, each class get's a new armour set every 5 levels with a few color changes. Then let's talk about the dyes. I have a high def TV and I can barely tell the difference between the dullshades of red, blue, gray and green. Seriously did they even look at the dyes WTF.

All the mages robes look the same for each level. Not only that most have the ugly dye colors. At least put some black, red, bright blue, green, yellow or some other unique colors on them. Then putting the hat on makes you bald, they need to fix that. Please let us add color the mage boots. There is nothing like a colored robe with ugly whitish boots. Do they realize that most people play these games to make there characters look awesome as well as be godly.

The craft system is different but good luck finding crystals to put in them. The whole point of upgrading is to stock your gear with crystals. They make crystals so unbelievably rare that you don't need to upgrade yourarmour you will have enough slots with your upgraded weapon,rings and anamulet. I played for over 50 hours and I onlymade3 level 7 attribute crystals (sealing and lithe crystals don't count) and Ididn't find any in the over 500 chests open. This is for single player mode. We need more variate!!!

#2GamerGuys2010Posted 3/2/2011 3:12:56 PM
calicone posted...

I think the developer went backwards with the loot system. Each enemy will drop certain items only and will never drop armour (good luck upgrading any chain-mail armour). There is no variety, each class get's a new armour set every 5 levels with a few color changes. Then let's talk about the dyes. I have a high def TV and I can barely tell the difference between the dullshades of red, blue, gray and green. Seriously did they even look at the dyes WTF.

All the mages robes look the same for each level. Not only that most have the ugly dye colors. At least put some black, red, bright blue, green, yellow or some other unique colors on them. Then putting the hat on makes you bald, they need to fix that. Please let us add color the mage boots. There is nothing like a colored robe with ugly whitish boots. Do they realize that most people play these games to make there characters look awesome as well as be godly.

The craft system is different but good luck finding crystals to put in them. The whole point of upgrading is to stock your gear with crystals. They make crystals so unbelievably rare that you don't need to upgrade yourarmour you will have enough slots with your upgraded weapon,rings and anamulet. I played for over 50 hours and I onlymade3 level 7 attribute crystals (sealing and lithe crystals don't count) and Ididn't find any in the over 500 chests open. This is for single player mode. We need more variate!!!

Sorry you've had such a bad experience. I do agree they're very little variations of colors that can be obtained in the game, I myself would like brighter colors.

I do think however you perhaps just indeed had bad luck with crystals, I myself have a full upgraded set of Orc Slayer armor with level 7 crystals in every slot, The breast plate alone gives me 80 strength, My weapon is completely fire, 3 Fire crystals with a 100% sealing as is my shield for skills. I have most likely about 60 left over crystals which are not being used ranging from level 1-7. This is not the first time people complained about crystals in single player or multi player, Some people have bad luck.

In terms of acquiring loot, All I can say is, It is what it is, Chain armor is more difficult to level up then others, But just buy what you see via the merchants to break it down, Or go with another type of armor.

I would say they're room for improvements, But it is not entirely horrible.
#3NicodimusPosted 3/2/2011 4:11:53 PM(edited)
-The problem is, in single player, you're unlikely to ever get to level 46 (the level where you can equip the best loot in the game.)

-The dyes are really poorly implemented, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

-Chain armor is for low levels, and you shouldn't bother upgrading it anyway because you'll outgrow it quickly.

-You won't get many crystals by looting, that's for sure. Gotta check certain merchants repeatedly. In online this isn't really an issue because you can build a mage tower and crystal mine in your village.
---
PSN/GT: Nicodimus
Two Worlds 2 Online: L72 Mage | L64 Ranger | L60 Warrior
#4bookwormzzzzPosted 3/2/2011 4:21:41 PM
Its difficult? I'm level 42 and I'm just entering part 3 with the swamp and everything.
---
I AM THE EX-CE KING!
#5NicodimusPosted 3/2/2011 4:54:29 PM
Wow. I beat the game at level 39 (killing the last boss made me hit 40) and I took the time to sail to every inch of coastline in the game, racking up all those extra kills from the camps there. I have no idea how you are that high at the start of chapter 3, but see if you can make it to 46. Chapters 3 and 4 are very short. Each can be done in 2-3 hours, IIRC.
---
#6calicone(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2011 6:57:50 PM

Even at level 46 there is one set of heavy armour to wearthe Dwarven Pride and if you are a polearm warrior you have one weapon the Tornado Guan Dao that is it. My whole point is there should be a few different plate armours and weaponsat your level not just 1. If the online community was not modded every warrior would be wearing the Dwarven Pride armour. How boring is that?

#7bookwormzzzzPosted 3/2/2011 7:46:37 PM
I forgot about sailing :D O and I thinking I might be this high because when I was a lower level I fought Guards off in one of those city for about an hour or so and ended up raising five levels. And there was little stuff like I wanted to try going around the whole map without using teleports and I killed every Wolf. Grom, and Undead I came across. Only one thing pissed me off in the game though and thats the Daddy Long leg type creatures that spit the acid at you. (I can't remember the name right now) They have regular versions of theirselves and alpha versions.
---
I AM THE EX-CE KING!
#8NicodimusPosted 3/2/2011 8:18:37 PM
Oh, that might explain it. I never killed guards.
---
#9NicodimusPosted 3/2/2011 8:21:15 PM

If the online community was not modded every warrior would be wearing the Dwarven Pride armour.

Every warrior IS wearing the same armor and using the same polearm, which sucks. This game needs some rare drops, even if it is only in 1/1000 chests or something. Then again, cheaters would just end up duping it and once again, everyone would end up with the same gear. They need to fix that glitch FAST.
---
#10EsQueuePosted 3/3/2011 4:20:13 AM
LOL love killing high level guards. Kick and hope they go down, if not run for a bit because I do no damage. AFter they fall from the kick, 1 hit KO them. I love grinding and I'm lvl 36 or 38 and have just entered the swallows on chapter 2.

:D I'm a beast. I don't know why but i tend to grind on all games that allow it and overpower myself.
More topics from this board...
new playeroNe8738/30 9:16PM