Create Online Profile Error?

#1JAMullinsPosted 11/11/2008 5:56:11 AM

I got Call of Duty: World at War for the PC from a friend at wally-world today (early). I brought the game home and installed it. I played through the entire single player and beat it. I go to play online and as soon as the game comes up it says:

Create Online Profile.
I type in the name that I want to use.
Click OK.

Then it says:
Notice
You need an online profile to play in Cooperative and Multiplayer mode.
Do you want to create an online profile now?
I click yes.

Then it takes me back to Create Online Profile and asks for a name.

Is this a bug or are the online activation servers off until the games official release time?

Update: According to gametracker.com no one is playing except for pirates. That makes me pretty sure the account activation server is off. I will check back around mid-night.

Update: anything new?
I wake up this morning to test COD:WAW yet again and I still can't create an online account.

#2Merc_ScarPosted 11/11/2008 6:01:40 AM
Icant make one either.. :( This sucks balls
#3JAMullins(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2008 6:04:39 AM
Tell me about it. I think everyone is having this issue besides the pirates. I got the game early hopeing to be ranking up right now. I guess I have to replay the singleplayer for now.
#4JAMullins(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2008 7:36:42 AM

Even after applying the patch I still cant create an online profile.  This is getting real annoying.  Until they can get this issue fixed I am going to play a game that has worked since day one, Gears of War 2.

I should have purchased COD:WAW for the 360.

#5JAMullins(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2008 2:22:20 PM
I have posted several times on the cod.com forums with not reply from any part of the dev team. They seems to not care. Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon. If not then I will be purchasing this game for the 360.
#6Merc_ScarPosted 11/11/2008 3:18:39 PM

JAMullins posted...
I have posted several times on the cod.com forums with not reply from any part of the dev team. They seems to not care. Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon. If not then I will be purchasing this game for the 360.

Yea I cant create on either.. Tried reinstalling and all that. If you get a solution please PM me..

#7JAMullins(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2008 3:23:24 PM

Will do, I found out that you can join any game cracked or official and you can play without having an online account; you simply have to join through ip. Online accounts must be used specifically for viewing server list and adding friends inside of the game.

I think though if you are able to make an online account after playing in offline mode your stats that you earn will be erased.