Solo Campaign Launch problems

#1SadMetFanPosted 11/16/2008 12:50:22 AM

Does anybody have a problem playing the single player game? I click on start new game, and then chose my difficulty...then nothing happens. Anyone else with this problem?

#2vudrewPosted 11/16/2008 8:31:12 PM
bump because I have this problem too..
#3Hessel08Posted 11/17/2008 12:11:40 PM

I had this problem too, found the solution at another site:

"For those who cannot start the Solo campaign after choosing the difficulty, this is the solution:

1: For Windows Vista, go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW

For Windows XP, you can find it in Documents and Settings

2: Delete __CoDWaWmp (if you have it)

3: Go to players\profiles and delete all the player profiles there

4: Create a new folder with the name you want for your profile

5: Create a text file named "active" alongside your profile folder (do not put it in the profile folder you just created; the profile folder and text file are in the same folder--the profiles folder)

6: In the text file type your profile name and save it (make sure your profile folder and name in the text file match)

7: Run game and play!

The reason it does not start is because you do not have a profile to save your progress. To verify this 'fix' has worked, your profile name should appear in the main menu under "offline: name-of-your-profile" at the top right corner of the screen."

#4scottwillibPosted 11/17/2008 1:21:31 PM

Hessel dude i tried that fix but it doesn't work for me.

Dunno if it makes a difference, but my profile name appears as "ONLINE:Name-of-my-profile" as oppose to offline......

#5Asja13Posted 11/17/2008 2:39:51 PM

You have to make sure the profile folder is not "Read Only" I had this problem but after unchecking the box it was fine and I already finished the game.

I hope this will work for you guys to.

#6khan_jeePosted 11/18/2008 7:31:56 AM
thanks Hessel08 ......now i can play the game....thanks aloooooooooooot...
#7duka222Posted 11/18/2008 9:37:52 AM
where I must create that "profiles" folder?
#8SadMetFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2008 12:18:34 PM
Thanks a ton Hessel08, changing the folder from "read only" made all the difference for me.
#9GMH77Posted 11/21/2008 3:23:37 PM
Hessel08 posted...

I had this problem too, found the solution at another site:

"For those who cannot start the Solo campaign after choosing the difficulty, this is the solution:

1: For Windows Vista, go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW

For Windows XP, you can find it in Documents and Settings

2: Delete __CoDWaWmp (if you have it)

3: Go to players\profiles and delete all the player profiles there

4: Create a new folder with the name you want for your profile

5: Create a text file named "active" alongside your profile folder (do not put it in the profile folder you just created; the profile folder and text file are in the same folder--the profiles folder)

6: In the text file type your profile name and save it (make sure your profile folder and name in the text file match)

7: Run game and play!

The reason it does not start is because you do not have a profile to save your progress. To verify this 'fix' has worked, your profile name should appear in the main menu under "offline: name-of-your-profile" at the top right corner of the screen."

This worked excelent for me.

Admin Account on XP machine
Did exactly as told in quoted text above.

TXH

#10manxnortonPosted 11/29/2008 5:48:11 AM

Hello there i have looked using Vista at user and my name but there is no AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW don't know where to look please help as i really would love to set up a profile.