Nazi Zombie Mods are not showing up in the game

#1Jouri21Posted 5/27/2010 2:52:43 PM
When I fully installed the game, I had to create a mods and usermaps folders because they weren't hidden files. Then when I downloaded my mods, I extracted them and put the folder with the mods in it inside the Mods folder and the usermaps folder. When I started the game and clicked on Mods, it didnt show anything. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone help me out?
#2yabablabaPosted 6/4/2010 4:34:28 PM
Im pretty sure when you run the game it creates them. I'm not sure on this however.
---
War does not decide who is right.
Only who is left.
#3ZorlacPosted 6/5/2010 5:26:58 PM
You're pretty sure, but you're not sure.

This folks, makes sense.
---
And The Vampire was all that remained on
the blood drowned creation. WoW Server-Feathermoon-IGN-Razzil. Xfire-Zorlac666.
#4supersoldier22Posted 7/1/2010 12:59:53 PM
i've had similiar problems in the past.you need to have at least patch 1.1 (think that was it),and you'll need to create a username.after that,you should be able to go to appdata/local/activision/codwaw (appdata is a hidden folder,so you'll have to set your comp to show hidden folders first).you make your mods and usermaps folders there,and basically copy the folder containing the map and it's contents and paste it into your usermaps and mods folders (make sure the folder you copy contains only the mod and it's components,not another folder containing the mod and it's components).if your having a different problem,check out www.customfps.com.the folks over there can help you better than i can,plus they have a number of modded maps available. hope this helps = )
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#5wizraPosted 7/2/2010 8:04:13 PM

As for patches its best to install of them, 1.7 is the latest. You can't just install 1.7 straight away, you need to do it in this order:

1.2>1.4>1.5>1.6>1.7 (about 2-3gb in total, but remember you're getting 3 map packs)

They are all free and many mirrors can be found on the official Call of Duty World at War page.

Having said that, all the mods must be UNZIPPED or UNRAR'd and must go in to a certain directory depending on your Operating System:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\Mods
Windows Vista - C:UsersYOUR_USER_NAMEAppDataLocalActivisionCoDWaWmods
Windows 7 - C:UsersYOUR_USER_NAMEAppDataLocalActivisionCoDWaWmods

Replace YOUR_USER_NAME with your actual user name, lol.

You won't have a mods folder so you will to make one yourself. Also, you may need to check your settings for "Show hidden files and folders". If done correctly, click Mods in the Main Menu and you will see your maps listed:

http://i46.tinypic.com/rmpnqo.jpg

I don't know what you mean by "usermaps folder". I've played basically every Nazi Zombie Mod ever made and never came across this step. If you are using Vista or 7 you may need to right click on the Launcher and go to "Run as Administrator". I am administator on my computer so I don't have to do that, but you can still try that.

If you have any other problems try heading over to:

http://www.zombiemodding.com

They have all their maps in .exe format, so they automatically install to the correct destination for you, have fun!