how many map packs are there?

#1PojoTheChickenPosted 4/10/2010 12:48:20 PM
Picked up cod4 and I really really like it. MW2 was my first shooter, but I am looking to pick this up. I heard it's a lot of fun and everything I've seen of it in videos makes me believe I will enjoy it (bolt action no scope rifles? HELL YEAH!)

Is it going to be worth it though overall? I have no qualms about getting the actual game but I know this game got some support from treyarch in the form of lots of map packs. So is my 20 dollar or so game going to end up being a fully priced game? Reason I say this is that RDR is coming soon and I'm considering LP2, and I really don't want to buy 3 games all in around the same time...that's a lot of money for a guy about to move.
#2masterelite101Posted 4/10/2010 3:10:42 PM
Well, If you're picking up the game for 20$ like I did, In all it'll cost you around 50$. There are 3 map packs, each for 10$ or all 3 for 25$. You don't absolutely NEED them, though it may get annoying when you get into a game that has a map you don't have. Also, each MP contains one extra Nazi Zombies map (The most fun thing in this game, other than MultiPlayer.) So yes, it'll cost you around as much needed for a new release game. In other words, this game is amazing. I picked it up last week and am thoroughly enjoying this. I've been playing MW2 so much, and decided to go for this. In my honest opinion, this game is much more fun than MW2, considering you have the map packs. Map Pack 3's Nazi Zombies map is the most fun of all. If I were you, I would buy this immediately, and buy the map packs one at a time. I only have pack 2 & 3, planning to buy 1 in the next few days. All in all, buy it.
---
Playing: CoD WaW, CoD4, Uncharted 2, Trine.
Retired for now: MW2, MGO, CoD Classic.
Waiting for: Nothing ATM..
#3PojoTheChicken(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2010 6:13:52 PM
yeah I am going to pick it up. I actually got into COD4 because of MW2. I wanted to see what people were moaning about and then I played cod4 and was like...that's why...

Anyways WaW has just been a game that always interested me after I got MW2 since I really liked the way it looked and I have 3 other buddies who are looking to get it so that seals the deal for me!
#4masterelite101Posted 4/10/2010 8:53:04 PM
Great! But like I said, you do not NEED the map packs, but it may get annoying. Do what I'm doing, buy them each one at a time. The most fun is #3, it has the best Nazi Zombie map.
---
More topics from this board...
CoD:WaW Perks.Chrazy19882606/9/2013