SVT-40 with Telescopic Sight or M1 Garand with Sniper Scope?

#1Project07Posted 1/1/2009 4:40:04 PM
Which would get your vote? Just curious, as I'm currently leveling the M1 and already have the scope on the SVT-40. If anyone has any perk recommendations, too, that would be helpful!
#2Killswitch62Posted 1/1/2009 4:41:42 PM
If you're going to use an M1 with a sniper scope, you might as well just make that your sniper class. An SVT with a Telesight can still manage well in close ranges unlike an M1 with a scope.

Preference.
---
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. - Carl Sagan
#3BlueNinjaGoPosted 1/1/2009 4:43:54 PM
M1 Garand is THE worst gun in the game... or at least tied with the Trench Gun
---
TheSocialRev.com - More talking, less modding.
#4PorksChopPosted 1/1/2009 4:45:37 PM
M1 Scope does not make it a true sniper.

---
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back.
#5Killswitch62Posted 1/1/2009 4:47:54 PM
A sniper scope increases the range and makes hip accuracy terrible, so in CoD statistics, it is a sniper.
---
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. - Carl Sagan
#6Severian113Posted 1/1/2009 4:48:22 PM
M1 Garand with stopping power will kill in one shot to the chest.

Add to that the large clip, great ROF, smaller recoil, smallest sway, and fast reload.

Finally, get Steady Aim and mash on the trigger while hipfiring for CQC.
---
Living on frozen waffles since 1946.
#7B4NNEDS4NDM4NPosted 1/1/2009 4:48:47 PM
Oh god, the Garand with the scope is absolutely terrible! I'm sure someone is gonna tell me otherwise but I've already unlocked it, tried it, and laid it to rest. I don't think I ever got a kill when using the scope on the Garand. And the Trench Gun is way better than what you think of it, sir. I am an absolute beast with the Trench Gun and Slight of Hand.
---
The new and improved S4NDM4N17
So it goes...
#8ACWWDUDE101Posted 1/1/2009 4:52:30 PM
M1 Garand = Worst Gun.
---
Currently playing: CoD:WaW
Prestige 4 Rank 54
#9Khimera83Posted 1/1/2009 5:19:32 PM
M1 Garand is a fantastic gun, with or without a scope. With a scope it is incredibly deadly. Those who say otherwise did not take the time to use it properly.
---
XBL Gamertag - l Khimera l
"...your talking to the destroyer of happy homes." - Thr0atYogurt
#10MaskNGlovesPosted 1/1/2009 5:59:06 PM
blueninja...if you think the trench is one of the worst guns in the game then you sir just flat out suck at using it..i cant count how many times ive been in a shotgun kinda mood and to my surprise gotten dogs with ease on maps like cliffside, upheaval, etc. using a shotgun...i never aim down the sights just maneuver and jump shoot from the hip and it works like a charm...just today used it on cliffside and used 7 shots for 7 1 hit kills...balling..and with the bayonet just makes it even more fun to run around tearing peoples wigs back