GHWT drums not compatible with Rock band 2...guitar is but not drums

#1damonkeypiratePosted 10/23/2008 9:49:22 PM
so yes i have an advanced copy of the game and i have ran into the problem of the drums not working on rock band 2...i'm very bummed because i read the article where they said cross compatible with rb2 ghwt and rock revolution but wtf is going on...anyone else play this yet...when you go to use the drum set it says please connect microphone...its bs they had better fix this crap
#2IokuaPosted 10/23/2008 9:54:28 PM
Bull****.
---
Cheesekun is the most awesome Gamefaqs poster ever. Compare yourselves to Cheesekun's awesomeness and wail in sadness due to your massive inferiority.
#3damonkeypirate(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2008 9:57:14 PM
no really dude...i've been playing this all day long...you have to pay to get the tool venue during drum career and it costs $8000 so you have to save up your cash in order to even play schism vicarious or parabola...i have both rock band 2 and guitar hero world tour...when you fire up rock band 2 with the guitar hero wt guitar it works like a freakin dream...but when you go to use the drums you cannot not in quick play or tour mode but in the menus it registers the hits...its messed up...
#4damonkeypirate(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2008 10:21:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5TG CloudPosted 10/23/2008 11:58:26 PM
It's sad but I was actually expecting this....

With the BS that Activision pulled with Guitar Hero 3 guitar and Rock Band..... *sigh* I was really hoping that they weren't going to be repeating themselves.....
---
"A Long Time Ago, But Somehow In The Future...."
#6IokuaPosted 10/24/2008 12:14:19 AM
Those are all easily faked, and even if it is true... you're one poster to complain. How do you know it's not just your drums?
---
Cheesekun is the most awesome Gamefaqs poster ever. Compare yourselves to Cheesekun's awesomeness and wail in sadness due to your massive inferiority.
#7Lady_SiaraPosted 10/24/2008 3:29:40 AM
That would really suck. I'm hoping that it's just a problem with your drums and not with all of them. :X
---
Gamertag: Lady Siara (Name: Jenna)
Brawl Wii Code: 0817-3455-2685 (SOK Knight)
#8damonkeypirate(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2008 5:01:23 AM
Well the way I was thinking is that when the official release hits they'll give a free patch, but until then you have to wait because you're technically not supposed to have it yet anyway...so I dunno i guess i'll have to keep switching my drums for a few days between games...and I really cannot believe the skepticism from Iokua...sheesh...why would i fake a web cam shot...get over it i have it you don't...
#9MRW1215Posted 10/24/2008 10:57:03 AM
But I thought there have been other people (not necessarily from this board, just in general, on other forums) that have had hands-on time with using the WT drums on RB2? I'm almost positive I've seen that somewhere, maybe on the official RB forums... I'm not trying to doubt you, TC, but I'm fairly confident I've heard of other people having had the chance to try it out, and it worked for them. I'm more worried, than anything else, because I opted to buy just the RB2 disc and get the full GH: WT band set, and I've REALLY been wanting to play drums on so many of the RB2 songs. Now with all the talk about how the WT drums are "easily breaking", and now with this post that they don't work with RB2 at all, I don't know what to do... :/
---
"Guys, I'm really frightened. I just checked my mailbox and it smelled like somebody was sitting on it naked." - GennnChildren
#10IokuaPosted 10/24/2008 11:31:27 AM
I'm a generally skeptical person, and your posts have all the intelligence of a chimp with brain damage, so of course I doubt the validity of your claims.
---