Importing any song you want into GHWT

#1mrshowtime333Posted 10/28/2008 8:11:42 PM
So ive heard about people "hacking" into past guitar heros and getting pretty much any song they want into the game. Is it possible with this one.

I see you can import midi files. This would mean that any song that has a guitar pro tab, you can simply export that tab as a midi and put it into the game.

My question is what happens then? How would you get the mp3 into the game so that you hear the song while playing it? Is this possible in this one?
#2phrequency440Posted 10/29/2008 6:29:07 AM
no mp3s... only midi.

anyway, have you tried importing the midi? i was wondering how this process would be like and if it did things like create note charts for you. i have a plethora of old school midis i'd like to get into the game if i decide to get it =D
#3mrshowtime333(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2008 7:11:09 AM
So how people used to do it in past guitar heros is no longer possible on this on? I dont know how they did it, but id sure like to know lol.
#4AlbertPerkPosted 10/29/2008 9:07:40 AM
Does anyone know how to import the midis into the game? I wanted to try this but wasn't sure how...
#5EVE6 FANPosted 10/29/2008 9:16:33 AM
Yeah, i used to have a PS2 that could play songs that werent on the game. Im not sure how it worked, but my friend had to open it and do a bunch of mods, and then he'd put the disc in, and then swap it out for special songs. it was awesome.
---
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
#6phrequency440Posted 10/29/2008 9:31:03 AM
oh if you meant like roundabout ways of importing custom songs, then yeah... there are modders that will add that functionality. i thought you meant like the in-game import they provided.

forums on scorehero.com might have more info on the guitar hero modding community.
#7phrequency440Posted 10/29/2008 9:33:14 AM
@AlbertPerk

that's something i'd like to know too... i haven't had an answer yet so i'm assuming it's something that will be added later via patch? it was announced that it would have that functionality (though a bit gimped on the x360 but maybe they can fix it with a patch).

i guess i'll find out for myself once i pick up the game later. i can't resist some of the ideas i have for custom tracks... and i really hope this importing midi thing is true because it'd make editing a lot less hectic.
#8AlbertPerkPosted 10/29/2008 10:36:52 AM

phrequency440 posted...
@AlbertPerk

that's something i'd like to know too... i haven't had an answer yet so i'm assuming it's something that will be added later via patch? it was announced that it would have that functionality (though a bit gimped on the x360 but maybe they can fix it with a patch).

i guess i'll find out for myself once i pick up the game later. i can't resist some of the ideas i have for custom tracks... and i really hope this importing midi thing is true because it'd make editing a lot less hectic.

No doubt and not to mention fun. I rented the game and I don't see that option anywhere so maybe you're right about them going to patch it here in the future. Time will tell I guess.

#9avatarofhope2Posted 10/29/2008 11:12:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10MFazio23Posted 10/30/2008 2:20:49 PM
I'm not positive about this, but I think you can play a MIDI on your computer while it's connected to the drum kit's MIDI port, and record it that way.