Who has the game ?

#11LordGekPosted 4/8/2008 2:10:20 PM
Got it. Redding, CA (far Northern California)
#12SDSSocietyPosted 4/8/2008 2:23:23 PM
My prepay arrived on time at Gamestop this afternoon.

Next week Rondo of Swords, week after that World Ends With You. I can't wait!

---
Violence is the last resort of a limited mind.
#13rbe1013Posted 4/8/2008 3:09:39 PM
my best buy had it in on wii. no ps2
#14kickthedead(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2008 3:38:44 PM
I got my overnight from GameStop.com when I got home from work. Can't play until after the kids go to bed (stupid violence) :) I can't wait. It looks freaking awesome. The characters are cool.
---
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC 1719-2873-9825
#15Nayus_DantePosted 4/8/2008 3:44:35 PM

kickthedead posted...
I got my overnight from GameStop.com when I got home from work. Can't play until after the kids go to bed (stupid violence) :) I can't wait. It looks freaking awesome. The characters are cool.
---
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC 1719-2873-9825

Not very violent, unless you think the swordplay in the original Zelda was violent. However, the Coffin Man's dialogue is DEFINITELY not child-friendly.

"If your health runs low, just use some goddamn recovery items. Good job, your health and vitality are still high, goddamnit. You've done it, you reached the goddamn end, good job!"

#16sorcererofdarknessPosted 4/8/2008 3:44:38 PM
my reserved copy came in today at gamestop. i live near houston, texas btw. they had a couple extra copies.

i was so excited it came in today because ive been itching to play this game!!! the girl working was like "ohhh whats this?" and i told her about it and she was like hmmmmm im getting it tonight haha.
---
http://users.ign.com/collection/thenizim?objType=1 - My Video Game collection
#17Dan DairamPosted 4/8/2008 4:25:53 PM

Hmm. I envy you then. My copy never arrived. Looks like it's time to send them an angry e-mail.
---
Brawl: 0989-1406-5784
XBL GT: Dan Dairam
#18mcknightvtPosted 4/8/2008 4:29:24 PM
Well, what's the verdict? Is it any good, or was Nintendo Power right? Is it worth $40? What games would you compare it to? I can't find a damn review anywhere.
#19sorcererofdarknessPosted 4/8/2008 4:52:04 PM
so far i am enjoying it :)

*spoilers?*

the controls are simple. Shaking the wiimote causes your character to kick, B button stabs/punches/shoots (whatever weapon is equipped). you move around with the Nunchuk joystick, 2 button pulls up the menu etc.

the action seems pretty fluid. i had read somewhere the combat was slow, but to me its paced just right to add to the spooky ambience. Its not ninja gaiden fast, but its not terribly slow either.

graphically i think the game works. its not a marvel to look at like some games (super mario galaxy etc), but the grainy texture adds to the scary vibe that the music and monsters project. its so fun turning the corner in a dungeon, not knowing what to expect, only to have some mutant monster attacking you in the face.

I'm enjoying the vitality system implemented, though its a tiny bit frustrating sometimes. If your vitality hits zero, you start losing life. when you kill a meta-being, they will either drop a heart or an item. hearts restore vitality.

the story, from what i've uncovered (not very much), is intriguing! i definitely want to find out more, only because of all the religious backing. its definitely a more "grim" rpg, something the Wii has desperately been needing!!

so to me it's definitely worth the $40 because of the story and how you have to slowly unveil small pieces and tie it together, on top of the challenge. i've been waiting for a game to give me a hard time! dying and restarting levels adds that extra umph to be careful and utilize items properly.

i'm just kind of confused about the whole point of the game --> i guess that is why they want you to keep playing. i've already gotten to the bottom once without dying, but it didnt give hardly any story, and it restarted me. so im curious to see what changes on my second romp!
---
http://users.ign.com/collection/thenizim?objType=1 - My Video Game collection
#20mattrogesisPosted 4/8/2008 5:13:43 PM
I got a copy. I was the only pre-order in the entire store.
Therefore, it was the only copy in the entire store.
That is stupid.