Only 19 More Years...

#21twilight-flowerPosted 7/2/2013 9:21:51 AM
And allow me too to express my own thanks and gratitude for your work - especially to Niahak for translating texts and putting it online.
I never finish the game, whereas I was (I'm still) obsessed with the storyline, the mysteries, the symbols. A (already) long time ago, by this site, I found the baroque.niahak.org and the link to the vol.2 and a good part of the vol.3, which made me hyper and led me to buy the manga (I was unable to wait for hypothetical scans, even though I do not read Japanese). They remains some of my most precious things.

The result of your work is super neat and I'm really happy to see news about it. It's good to see that this fandom is still alive and have its loyal fans - there is hardly any at all in France, or they must be very discreet.

So, thank you. Really, really, thank you.
#22PedroMontanaPosted 7/13/2013 10:31:24 AM
I'm still confused why the media didn't report on it when the events from Sin & Punishment 1 happened in 2007.

Maybe it's because i live in Europe and our media once again ignored important developments in Japan and America.
---
No More Heroes
#23Malek86Posted 7/14/2013 3:21:39 PM
^ what?
#24PedroMontanaPosted 7/15/2013 4:10:54 AM
The N64 game Sin & Punishment that was released in 2000 in Japan takes place in 2007.

The game involves mechs, laser guns, mutants and a lot of other wild sci-fi stuff, so it's kind of funny that it supposedly took place in 2007.

It's like how in 10 years we can say "Remember when Skynet took over?", and in 20 years we can say "Remember the Blaze?"... except that this happened super fast for S&P because Treasure decided to have it take place only 7 years after it's released.

By the way, both S&P and it's Wii sequel are excellent games.
---
No More Heroes
#25Malek86Posted 7/15/2013 3:19:29 PM
Oh yeah, that happens pretty often though. For example, just 5 years, and we'll be in Blade Runner territory.
#26SonicRulerPosted 8/11/2013 2:06:33 PM
I don't have my manga with me right this second but I was looking through the scans and reading Niahak's translation for the beginning of volume 3 and was wondering, did I miss two pages? Because I can't seem to find them within the files I sent. If so I'll just rescan it later this week and get those in.

Meanwhile I am building some of the meta beings for use in the Pathfinder Tabletop System since I'm sending my players to a psuedo neuro tower : D So that should be fun. If anyone is interested I could post some of the stuff when I'm farther along.
#27NiahakPosted 8/11/2013 4:08:44 PM
Which pages do you think you're missing?

I did have to break out my Vol 3, but I think it was because a few kanji were blurry. It's been awhile since I started vol 3, though.
#28SonicRulerPosted 8/20/2013 12:22:09 AM
Missing 10 and 11. I'll put those up tomorrow.

Don't know if i am missing anything else but I'll do a double check. It was accurate up to the end of your baroquey spoilers text.

Finally picked up the game again but I'll discuss that in another topic.
#29SonicRulerPosted 8/20/2013 7:57:08 PM
Posted it (hey I actually posted something when I said I would madness.) listed it as baroque07.5 which sadly puts it ABOVE 7 in the list but also added a note at the end of the name saying its between 7 and 8 so I'm sure no one will be that confused. Sadly 6 of my pages fell out during this final endeavor but hey at least most of it still survives.

Also friendship scans released chapter 11 today so thats even more reason to make sure 12 was completed. : D
#30HalteclerePosted 8/21/2013 2:22:24 PM
SonicRuler posted...
I am building some of the meta beings for use in the Pathfinder Tabletop System since I'm sending my players to a psuedo neuro tower : D So that should be fun. If anyone is interested I could post some of the stuff when I'm farther along.

Lol, let's play on this forum. XD I guess we could use post times instead of dice.

And onto why I dropped by today-- I just found chapter 11. Thanks as always to Niahak, SonicRuler, and Friendhip Scans :D *goes off to read*