What's with those 2 Baroque iPhone games?

#1PedroMontanaPosted 8/16/2013 4:10:00 PM
According to gamesfaqs there are 2 Baroque iPhone games, BAROQUE FPS and BAROQUE Dark, Twisted Fantasy.

I don't have a iPhone, so does anyone know what these games are? Are they the same or 2 different games? Has anyone played them? Is "BAROQUE FPS" really a FPS? Are they still available and what do they cost?
---
No More Heroes
#2Malek86Posted 8/16/2013 4:48:25 PM(edited)
I don't have an iPhone, so I can't play them. But from what I know, Baroque Fantasy is pretty much a port of this game, while Baroque FPS is just a sort of rail shooter (not sure if you can move your character or not) that uses the same engine. Likely a quick hackjob.
#3PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 3:16:07 PM
Interesting. Should i ever get one of those "i" devices i'll download both.

I like the idea of having a proper Baroque game on the go, but i'm not sure how well it would play on a phone/tablet.
Considering shooters can actually work with a phone/tablet and i really like Baroque's art and atmosphere, the FPS might actually be somewhat entertaining.
---
No More Heroes
#4Malek86Posted 8/24/2013 7:40:28 AM
The FPS one is pretty much worthless, from what I've heard.

The Fantasy one seems like a faithful port, with a somewhat streamlines interface to make it more apt to smartphones. It also has a survival mode, which is probably a Hell dungeon with a timer and exp counter, so that you can get in a leaderboard. To be honest though, from those screenshots it seems the field of view is absurdly narrow, to the point of being barely playable.

It's worth noting that the Fantasy game seems to have an in-app purchase of $18 to get the story and survival modes. Lol. Not sure what you get if you only download the base version... maybe you can only finish the Simulation Tower or something.