No utility light?

#1XSilverRainXPosted 12/1/2009 1:01:54 PM
No sprinting?
Am I missing something, or were these features cut from the ps2 version?
#2JoveHackPosted 12/4/2009 8:53:34 AM
XSilverRainX posted at 12/1/2009 2:02 PM "No utility light? No sprinting? Am I missing something, or were these features cut from the ps2 version?"

Those were probably left out. I don't know for those for sure, but some areas, etc were definitely cut.

I just got the game yesterday myself. Impulse buy. Already had Tomb Raider: Legend and Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Just want to have new adventures with Lara.

I've been trying desperately not to buy any new PS2 games before finishing all the ancient games I've got, but it just got to be too much for me.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com
#3jimbojanPosted 12/4/2009 11:43:49 AM
I know just how you felt JoveHack.

I had to get just one last Tomb Raider PS2 fix before the demise of the afore mentioned console. For all it's faults ie. awful menu interface, lack of awards when you've finished the game, omitted extras that are in the new gen versions, I still thoroughly enjoyed the game.

However, not as much as Anniversary & Legend (sigh...those days have gone I fear)
---
C.O.I.
#4JoveHackPosted 12/4/2009 1:29:58 PM
jimbojan posted at 12/4/2009 12:44 PM "I know just how you felt JoveHack. I had to get just one last Tomb Raider PS2 fix before the demise of the afore mentioned console. For all it's faults ie. awful menu interface, lack of awards when you've finished the game, omitted extras that are in the new gen versions, I still thoroughly enjoyed the game. However, not as much as Anniversary & Legend (sigh...those days have gone I fear) "

I'm just playing the game, taking it as it comes with no hints. There are some times when I'm staggering around endlessly with no idea of what to do, but the scenery's interesting enough to keep my from dying of boredom. I wish Lara looked better, though.

As for days that are gone, remember when DLC was free expansions instead of a revenue stream? Which early Tomb Raider game had those?

As for why the sprint is gone, I wrote an article about Dynamic Loading for Tvtropes.org that explains it. Lara's "Dynamic Loading Trot" is artificially slow so the unit can keep up dynamically loading scenery ahead of her as she moves along.

That article was inspired by the Dynamic Loading Corridors in Tomb Raider: Anniversary, those long dull corridors let large areas get loaded "seamlessly". Somebody didn't like that. All mention of the Tomb Raider games was removed from the article. I put it back in. It was removed again.

So I don't edit at TV Tropes any more.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com