Wretched, Miserable excuse for a Tomb Raider game

#1ringpriestPosted 1/5/2010 10:58:03 AM
I've enjoyed playing and completing every entry into the Tomb Raider franchise, except this one. Poor and completely non-customizable controls, lousy graphics, twitchy and buggy interface, and one of the worse cameras I've seen in years. Stay away from this.
#2jimbojanPosted 1/5/2010 2:19:15 PM
That's because it was designed primarily for the PC, Xbox360 and PS3. The PS2 and Wii each got an inferior rehash with all the goodies and quality left out. At least the storyline seems ok, but you're quite right, it is a cheapo version for us poverty stricken PS2 owners.

However as to it being the worst Tomb Raider, I couldn't agree. I'd say Angel Of Darkness gets that Accolade.
---
C.O.I.
#3JoveHackPosted 1/6/2010 9:40:28 PM
ringpriest posted at 1/5/2010 11:58 AM "I've enjoyed playing and completing every entry into the Tomb Raider franchise, except this one. Poor and completely non-customizable controls, lousy graphics, twitchy and buggy interface, and one of the worse cameras I've seen in years. Stay away from this."

I pretty much agree with this advice. Despite knowing all this I recently got the game for myself. Just to spend more time with Lara.

The limited level design and puzzles didn't really interfere with my enjoyment of the game. The graphics were shockingly bad, with a lot of areas with major framerate drops, too. When low res should lead to a faster game engine, not a slower one.

They had decent graphics engines for both TRL and TRA. Using one of them would have both saved money and given a better experience. This seems like a deliberate effort to trash the PS2 version.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com