Jesus Christ Eating Cthulhu! I just started this game.

#1The_Zora_KingPosted 4/29/2010 6:27:59 PM
I recently beat Tomb Raider: Legend and adored it, so naturally I picked up the sequel. While the controls and graphics all feel the same, the game seems like a mess. Slowdown, choppy animation, and maybe it's because I'm in such condensed areas, but the camera is going crazy. On top of that, I've been playing the game for only 5 minutes and am stuck as to where to go :(

I've been told it gets better though. So, I'll continue :)
---
I'm an evolution of Zora_Prince.
#2JoveHackPosted 4/30/2010 1:03:58 AM
The_Zora_King posted on 4/29/2010 at 9:28 PM "I recently beat Tomb Raider: Legend and adored it, so naturally I picked up the sequel. While the controls and graphics all feel the same, the game seems like a mess. Slowdown, choppy animation, and maybe it's because I'm in such condensed areas, but the camera is going crazy. On top of that, I've been playing the game for only 5 minutes and am stuck as to where to go :( I've been told it gets better though. So, I'll continue :)"

Just keep going forward. Plenty of walkthroughs available. Or tell us your situation and we'll do what we can.

But, yeah, the PS2 port of TRU isn't recommended for anyone. (I got it, knowing it would be bad, because I wanted to spend more time with Lara.) The camera in the nextgen version of TRU can be just as bad.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary might be more your speed. Then again, it might not. The platforming's pretty wonky.

The one game that reminds me of TRL is Beyond Good and Evil.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com
#3The_Zora_King(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2010 5:10:41 PM
I recently beat the original Tomb Raider, so I'm not sure Anniversary will do it for me.

Is it worth buying this game for the 360 instead?
---
#4JoveHackPosted 5/3/2010 8:35:48 PM
The_Zora_King posted on 5/3/2010 at 8:11 PM "I recently beat the original Tomb Raider, so I'm not sure Anniversary will do it for me."

It's worth a shot. I'd recommend it on the 360 just for the better graphics.

The_Zora_King finished, "Is it worth buying this game for the 360 instead?"

Definitely. Almost a completely different game. Plus the 360 version has exclusive DLC, "Beneath the Ashes" and "Lara's Shadow", that add a lot to the game.

I"ve seen TRU called an "expansion pack sequel" to TRL. I can see the point, but don't think I quite agree.

---
#5The_Zora_King(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2010 10:15:35 AM
Wait a minute! I played Legend for the PS2. Did I miss levels that were exclusive to the new consoles?! D:
---
#6JoveHackPosted 5/10/2010 2:36:39 AM
The_Zora_King posted on 5/9/2010 at 1:16 PM "Wait a minute! I played Legend for the PS2. Did I miss levels that were exclusive to the new consoles?! D:"

"This game" is TRU. It has exclusive DLC on the 360.

Calling TRU an 'expansion pack sequel' is another way of saying "It's just more of the same." I'd have been much happier if that were actually true.

---
#7Zora_PrincePosted 5/24/2010 8:59:17 PM

The_Zora_King posted on 5/9/2010 at 1:16 PM "Wait a minute! I played Legend for the PS2. Did I miss levels that were exclusive to the new consoles?! D:"

"This game" is TRU. It has exclusive DLC on the 360.

Calling TRU an 'expansion pack sequel' is another way of saying "It's just more of the same." I'd have been much happier if that were actually true.

....I don't understand @_@ There were no extra levels in Legend?

I bought it for the 360 and just started it tonight and...Jesus Christ frenching Cthulhu, you were not lying! It is like a different game! The graphics are actually pleasant to look at. There's actually music! The controls are better. The beginning is different! This is going to be a blast!

I must know. Is it worth buying Legend again for the 360? Was there extra content?
---
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein
#8The_Zora_King(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2010 11:04:46 AM
I just beat Underworld on the 360. It was pretty good. If only the whole game was as good as that Thailand level :(
---
Battle not with monsters, lest you become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you- Fredrich Nietzsche