Multiple Users on one PS3?

#1travers329Posted 11/13/2008 12:13:21 PM

Hey Guys,

Just picked up resistance 2 yesterday and started playing with my roomate on Co-op. I noticed that experience is only saved for the person who is logged in. if you have a second player with you, as in my name Travs(2), none of that experience is saved whenever you leave the coop screens. So my question is can 2 separate users log-in simultaneously? He has a user on my PS3 so I have no idea why the hell you would not be able to log in separately, instead of as Travs(2). We started playing last night and it was sick soooo much fun, but losing your gained experience after several hours is infuriating. Maybe I am dumb and I missed something easy, but my roomate and I spent several hours trying to figure it out. Please help!! I also apologize if this has been addressed already, but I could not find a thread about in anywhere. Thanks in advance.

#2asian_davePosted 11/13/2008 12:18:17 PM
I dont think there is a way to add another user.. only [name] and [name (2)].
The options are rather limited in that area. The only way to sign player 2 in is to hit start right?
#3BobEnzyteManPosted 11/13/2008 12:20:37 PM
As of right now, there has never been a way to log into two different PSN names on one console at the same time. No, I don't know if they are working on it, and NO, I don't know when either.
#4squiggy9996999Posted 11/13/2008 12:41:55 PM
I thought Insomniac's statement said that they were working on something about saving the second player's experience in patch, it's a glitch.
#5tkdcalebPosted 11/13/2008 12:44:21 PM
You're first to repliers are very incorrect.

As of right now, Yes there is no way to save P2's date or PSN info.

However released on another Forum one of insomniacs Employees made a statement saying they are working on implementing a save and another PSN able login for P2.
At the moment they are busy working out getting the Co-Op and Competitive Servers running correctly, so there is no release date, But it is confirmed. I will try to find the link for you.
---
Release Date 60g PS3 FTW!
PSN: TKDCaleb ~!~ Jesus FTW
#6tkdcalebPosted 11/13/2008 12:45:35 PM
Also, LittleBigPlanet has the ability to play 2 different PSNs on the same console at the same time. So BobEnzyteMan stop poppin pills and go back to college.
---
Release Date 60g PS3 FTW!
PSN: TKDCaleb ~!~ Jesus FTW
#7TheStin789Posted 11/13/2008 12:46:38 PM
^Holy crap, your like a well of useful info. Thanks. I thought they were fixing the problems in the servers but I wasn't sure until now.
---
There was a sig here. Its gone now.
#8Stoney9942Posted 11/13/2008 12:49:29 PM
Can more than 2 people play online? Is anyone else having network disconnection problems? I have it and the new Call of Duty WaW and I dont have problems styaing connected...
#9travers329(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2008 1:35:37 PM
Thanks for the info guys, for me this relaly puts a damper on the game. I would have rather them fixed all the multiplayer bugs before even releasing it... Not saving experience in a game where you unlock newer weapons and armor is a pretty MFin huge glitch. I dont care about the servers being fixed, fixed that first so I at least have the option to level up in offline games until the server problem is addressed.... Grrrrr.