should i get Lego Indiana Jones or mario party 8

#1smashmaster500Posted 10/9/2008 5:15:44 AM
should i get Lego Indiana Jones or mario party 8
#2LimeGreenPikklePosted 10/10/2008 8:05:54 PM
That's a tough one .... Lego Indiana Jones isn't as fun as Star Wars because there's no force, or lightsabers, the weapons have limited ammo (ie, no one character keeps a gun for long and you get killed annoyingly more often because you're left weaponless in the middle of a bullet storm, and you only dodge the bullets while holding a gun yourself, like Han would do automatically while firing his blaster), and the "Hub" area is this giant school with no real clear way to tell which room you're going into until you're in it, and then you have to memorize it, or look at a FAQ to find it again. The platforming is more buggy, and some of the solutions to some levels are so unusual, that you'll be stuck for 2 hours in one spot trying to figure out what to do - and not in an "I'm a beginner and can't figure it out," but more like a, "What the hell does THIS have to do with ANYTHING?" It's still kinda cute, but it's just not as enjoyable as Lego Star Wars.

Then, on the other hand, Mario Party 6 is much better than Mario Party 8 (that's the only other Mario Party i've ever played). The graphics were better on the GameCube, oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be as many boards to play on, and somehow it seems like there are even less mini-games than 6. There's a new Super Star stage where you are pitted against increasingly difficult CPU's until you battle Bowser, but when you win, you don't get anything special - just 2 secret characters, and a few more "Cards" than usual (which act the same as Stars in the Star Bank of 6), yet there's almost nothing worth buying with them - nothing that'll increase enjoyment of the game, like a whole slew of minigames like 6 had - just a handful this time around. The Wii controls do add some uniqueness to the minigames, but not enough for some reason. I can't figure out why, but it just doesn't feel like it was made with as much attention to quality as 6.

But overall, i find myself enjoying Mario Party 8 more than Lego Indiana Jones. But i enjoy Lego Star Wars 2 (the original saga) better than both.

---
Chubby Chicks ROCK -- Religion is NOT necessary to living a Good Life -- Follow your OWN path, not one invented by someone else!!
#3hemanitPosted 10/14/2008 5:40:19 AM

Get Lego Indiana Jones.I think Lego Indiana Jones is way more fun.I have both games so I think you should go with the Lego flow!

#4parkem1Posted 10/15/2008 8:01:37 AM
I would pick lego indy over mario party
---
-=|v|=0=P=S=-
#5Mac13ethPosted 10/23/2008 8:53:47 AM
If you play with friends a lot, or ever, then get Mario Party 8. I've had it since it came out and we play it at least once a month. I completed Lego Indiana after about two weeks and haven't put it back in my Wii since.
---
Sometimes I think I have gone mad, other times I just wish I had.
#6masterjed29Posted 11/10/2008 6:01:40 PM
combine them: lego mario party
---
FABLE PWNS ALL!!!
#7Mac13ethPosted 12/3/2008 10:16:41 AM
Once you finish LIJ you will put it away forever. Mario Party 8 remains awesome for years. I have had it since it came out and we still play it when we aren't in the mood for D&D.
---
Sometimes I think I have gone mad, other times I just wish I had.