Gold/making money

#1Yawgmoth121266Posted 5/20/2009 11:55:46 AM
I started this game this week and have enjoyed it immensenly. It has to be the highest quailty free MMO that I have played. But I have encountered my first frustration, gold. I think it is great that there is an in game method to convert coin into gold but the rate is so unfavorable. I already have a want for a telacoustic so I can speak in world chat but how can I make the hundred thousand coin needed to get some gold in a resonable amount of time? Also I know that I can use a ground mount at level 20 but is the only way to get one through the PW botiquie or will I get one as a quest reward or something? I have one unrelated question as well, the clothing that I see other players wearing; it does nothing correct? You can just choose to display your character's actually equipment of you can display a cool outfit, right?
---
"everyone's Tang now and Shinji sucks. there thats EoE in one statement." -Lost7th-
#2DAENF0RCER13Posted 5/24/2009 6:10:54 AM
I already have a want for a telacoustic so I can speak in world chat but how can I make the hundred thousand coin needed to get some gold in a resonable amount of time?
if you get a dq (dragon quest) drop from a monster, keep it. i've kept dq items for a while and i made a cool 300k from selling em to NPCs. i kept em from about lvl 40-48. so bascially, questing and grinding for dq items is the way to make money

Also I know that I can use a ground mount at level 20 but is the only way to get one through the PW botiquie or will I get one as a quest reward or something?
ground mounts can be used at lvl 20 if they are SPURRED. when they're spurred, they're speed increases and they can be lvled up to achieve maximum speed. and no, there's no ground mount you can get as a quest reward. you can buy one with coins, but it'll cost you i think 4.9mil.

I have one unrelated question as well, the clothing that I see other players wearing; it does nothing correct?
yes it does nothing

You can just choose to display your character's actually equipment of you can display a cool outfit, right?
yep
---
GT: chinoman TZA
http://pwi.perfectworld.com
#3Yawgmoth121266(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2009 8:41:50 PM
When I last played I did some poking around the action house looking at mount prices and they were in the 5million range that you said they would be. That is a lot of money.... a whole lot of money. So much that by the time I could afford it I should be worring about level 40 mounts. >_>
As a venomance I could always try and get extra cash by attempting to sell pet eggs though. I made about 6,000 on a Crystaline Magemite. Would the cycle quest be good ones to grind to get money?
---
"everyone's Tang now and Shinji sucks. there thats EoE in one statement." -Lost7th-
#4DAENF0RCER13Posted 5/25/2009 12:15:29 PM
which cycle quest are you talking about?

and if you're a veno, you're practically the money making class.
if you have a good pet, you can take down mobs 10-20 lvls higher than you and make some good money
---
#5Yawgmoth121266(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2009 5:02:06 PM
The pet that I'm using and liking is a Darkbreed Wolfkin out of FB. Has a little more attack and a little less defense than a magmite but it is pretty rocking. Could it really let me take on mobs 10-20 levels higher than me though? I may have to try this out.
---
#6Yawgmoth121266(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2009 5:03:37 PM
Oh, forgot this from before. The cycle quest I'm talking about are the One Man Army ones. The ones you get from guards in different areas and they'll like, "Hey it would be cool if you kill X number of this creature!"
---
#7DAENF0RCER13Posted 5/25/2009 8:15:41 PM
those one man army cycle quests are pretty okay for grinding for money. you'll get some reputation after each one and a celestone fragment. get 25 fragments, make a mirage celestone and those sell for about 20-30k ea. and dont forget the dq items from those mobs. save those
---
#8argonianlover62Posted 6/18/2009 8:18:19 PM
what do u think is a good starting pet 4 a veno? i am thinking about making a new veno after my first veno is umm sort of messed up lol and i dont wanna go thru the trouble of doing the whole point reset process
---
WOW WOW WUBZY WUBZY WUBZY WOW WOW!
#9zero_123456789Posted 6/20/2009 4:41:50 AM
money can be a real pain. most notably when your first starting off. if you want cash then i suggest you make a veno. they are the "money making class" their equips have the least maintenance, and when you build up 17 million coin you can buy the baby Hercules pet with that you can solo fbs with ease. 17 mil is a high price but if you join a guild with high level players, they may be willing to help you by running the twilight temple the mobs in there give good drops and the bosses drop mirage stone on a regular baisis. when you get a hurc you can solo this place your self. i friend of mine makes 500k a day. and realy, that's chump change compered to what others can dig up.

in short as ytou get to higher level, you'll get better drops