Men of War v.s. Company of heroes (WARNING: no CoH fanboys allowed!)

#1FlipYapTheGruntPosted 6/30/2009 4:51:41 PM

MoW is by far the better one IMHO its more of a streagety game. While CoH was like a bad ww2 Hollywood movie (cuz of its terrible realism) YOU CAN ACTUALLY SALVAGE PARTS FROM DESTROYED TANKS!!! (And if you complain about the voice acting IT WAS MADE IN A FORIEGN COUNTRY) 'Nuff said!

#2IgotEpixxPosted 7/1/2009 8:32:46 AM

Irony.

CoH fanboys aren't allowed inside, yet the entire OP reeks of MoW fanboism.

Ironic, no?

#3MickthebravePosted 7/1/2009 4:14:17 PM
What's a "streagety" game? And hm... I see you also gave Halo 3 a 9.5 while giving Half-Life 2 a 1.0. That's not a great first impression. Anyway, both games have their own strong points and I would say that they're both pretty decent games and fun to play.
#4zachmo11Posted 7/2/2009 3:01:11 AM
MoW is a lot better than CoH for many reasons. The first one being that MoW actually feels like a real battle and by that I mean that you have many units and they are not limited to being in a squad and there is no unit cap. You can potentially have as many people as the game engine will allow. CoH you are limited by the population cap and if you run out of guys you have to get more from your base. Also MoW has no resource gathering like CoH which makes it feel like a real battle rather than a RTS game. In retrospect the 2 games are actually very different they just share a common theme, WW2.
#5FlipYapTheGrunt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2009 8:35:17 PM

Now to be honest with you Mick the Brave... Everyone makes an occasional typo! And quite frankly I am aware that I made that mistake! Now, half life 1, I absolutely loved! half life 2...well, that IMO was just a way for valve to make money. Now CoH IS less frustrating, I have to admit but it lacks a realism. now sorry if I offended you in anyway, but my opinions are MY opinion and yours are yours. Now to comment on IgotEpixx's post. I saw a very simular forum on relic.com YES relic and talk about CoH fanboyism. all they said was "MoW sucks!" Now the reason I put No CoH fanboys is because I know it would cause a BIG argument. I wanted the PEOPLES answers not the fans. Now I was A BIG CoH fan and when I read the reviews on this compared to CoH is said "No way!" but when I played it I knew IMO what is the champion. I still drag out the "Company" and I got ToV what really is NOT that bad, actually its pretty good! Now CoH is fun to watch and easy while MoW is SO hard its not easy to pay attention to the footage!

ONCE AGAIN: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE :)

#6ViraugePosted 7/4/2009 5:48:40 PM
This game is great, don't get me wrong, just the odds it faces you with are aggravating at times. Very few missions are fair, or even close to fair. Unless you can micromanage to the extreme that game will be hard even on easy mode. I mean really, in any other war game the shows you losses and kills how many do you see where unless you can kill 10:1 you will lose? How many does it not give you a change to even the fight? The answer is none. Every rts I've played would at least give you the chance to turn the tides and over power the enemy, but not this one. This one is soley based on the underdog principle.

With that being said I LOVE the ammo and weapon system. I love how you need to check ammo and can swap weapong of dead people and stuff. Just I think the underdog system is taken way too far to the point of your side has no tanks while facing 8-10 enemy tanks while being outnumbered in soldiers at the same time. This would be great for some maps, but a feeling of accomplishment by micromanaging and beating the enemy to the point you can overpower them, would be real nice. Unless you save and load often to make sure it works perfect, how many tanks have you lost trying to destroy a turret to take over an enemy tank?
#7ChaosSamusPosted 7/20/2009 12:54:54 PM
CoH and MoW are different types of RTSs, and they're both good for different purposes. I prefer CoH because I like that type of game more.
---
"We, uh figured out how to travel through time at the speed of regular time with plastic bags" - Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse
#8skohanaPosted 7/20/2009 3:36:19 PM

ChaosSamus, your absolutely right.

#9gijasPosted 7/21/2009 5:48:26 PM
FlipYapTheGrunt posted...

MoW is by far the better one IMHO its more of a streagety game. While CoH was like a bad ww2 Hollywood movie (cuz of its terrible realism) YOU CAN ACTUALLY SALVAGE PARTS FROM DESTROYED TANKS!!! (And if you complain about the voice acting IT WAS MADE IN A FORIEGN COUNTRY) 'Nuff said!

True but have you considered other games such a Theatre of War and Officers? Both are good rt's games also and TOW has hit detection but you can't enter buildings ironically which the sequel fixes. I played Heroes to death and loved it and Faces of War was good also but had some problems. I would say MOW is th best of the three but basically a sequel as well. There is nothing new here and if you have been around for awhile you know this to be true. But I'm glad oyur hyped on this game as to the others just be mature about it and not put other peoples interests down.
#10Aslan3040Posted 7/21/2009 6:26:14 PM
Its called hijack their Tiger Tanks guys