Is there a skirmish mode?

#1X_machinaPosted 4/5/2011 4:37:11 PM
I've heard good things about this game, but in an rts, having a skirmish mode is essential for me. So before I purchase this, does it have a skirmish mode?
#2d_damjanPosted 4/6/2011 9:13:24 AM
If you mean a skirmish mode against the computer then no, however the game features a few nice single player campaigns and multiplayer skirmish.
#3X_machina(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2011 5:00:41 PM
Meh, I can never stand campaigns in RTS games. Because they always have objectives and restrictions telling exactly what to do. "build this unit, stamp him here to kill that guy" The fun of an RTS is having control over an army.

Thanks for the info but I think I'll pass.
#4thebiohazardguyPosted 4/9/2011 3:32:57 PM
wow how can an RTS don't have skirmish mode? I wanted this game but if it doesn't have skirmish vs AI I wont get it,in campaign mode you cant do whatever you one plus in most WWII games you cant play as the Germans in campaign
---
now playing pokemon white (DS) and Heavy Rain (PS3)
White FC: 2752 1144 2248 (E.P.H.S member)
#5Trooperdx3117Posted 4/13/2011 1:20:14 PM
Go buy Men of war assualt squad, that game is entirely skirmish modes and multiplayer and I think its only $30 on steam
#6skohanaPosted 4/20/2011 4:15:06 PM

X_machina posted...
Meh, I can never stand campaigns in RTS games. Because they always have objectives and restrictions telling exactly what to do. "build this unit, stamp him here to kill that guy" The fun of an RTS is having control over an army.

Thanks for the info but I think I'll pass.

Based on your post you probably won't like MoW. You can't finish the missions without completing the Objectives. There are some great Mods for Mow and MoW is very hackable. The Editor is a blast to fool around with. You can load and start a SP mission in the Editor and add whatever you want.

I play mostly RTS games(First choice), and before MoW(actually SHoWW2) I only played the skirmish mode. I almost never played the Campaigns. When I started playing SHoWW2 I couldn't believe there was a RTS WW2 game like this out there. I of coarse had a Love/Hate thing going on because this game has a steep learning curve. If anybody is thinking about getting any of these games(SHoWW2, FoW, MoW and so on..), do yourself a favor and DL a Demo.