What no pit view?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. X3: Terran Conflict
  3. What no pit view?

User Info: Sparda024

Sparda024
7 years ago#1

Well I was looking into this game but I didn't see any cockpit views, Yes I know you can see more and all that but I really like the true cockpit view.

Is there a mod that adds them, also I saw that X2 has the cockpit view, is that game still worth playing.

Also one more question, is there a graphical difference between X3R and X3T?

User Info: BigDan

BigDan
7 years ago#2
TC has a few more lighting additions and some texture additions, but they're pretty close graphically speaking...

... and there is a cockpit mod hosted at the egosoft forums.

-Big Dan
It's called the American Dream, 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it. ~ George Carlin

Sparda024
7 years ago#3

Thanks for the info.

Now ive loaded the game, started a custom game. When I move the ship the game lags so bad, I mean I get like 1 FPS.

Now I have a dual core proc 3.0ghz

9800gtx+ 1GB

3 GB ram

windows vista 32 bit

I should be able to run this game at good frames. I turned off all graphic settings but I still get the same damn results, Very annoying.

Any info on my problem would be great.

User Info: BuriBuriZaemon

BuriBuriZaemon
7 years ago#4
Have you patched the game to version 2.1?

If you have, then my laptop is hopeless to run this game. :(
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

User Info: CarloTheCurious

CarloTheCurious
7 years ago#5

Patch to the latest version, check your drivers and DirectX are up-to-date, and clear out your codecs.

Sparda024
7 years ago#6

Well none of that helped me out but thanks for trying.

I am playing X3 reunion now and I loaded my mercury ship with trade software MK3 and I have him trading in home of light.

I am capping pirate ships with my buster.

I am really enjoying the game so far but I have about 500K Cred and that's after spending a little over 500k on Trade mk3. Is there another way to gain Credits a little faster or should I stick with it until have enough to get into stations?

Also I would like to know what weapons I should fit on my buster?, I can kill almost anything but if a nova comes on board I'm running for a gate.

User Info: Maim00

Maim00
7 years ago#7
Put that TCS mk3 in a freighter. That should make you better credits. An ore or sil mine in the ore belt can sometimes be a good start for a station.

The heaviest weapons a buster can have are the Beta PAC's. When you upgrade to a M3 you can start using Alpha HEPT's.

Sparda024
7 years ago#8

Ok sounds good to throw down silicone, everyone needs it.

Also I think my mercury is a freighter, its very large and can hold XL cargo like ore. I may be wrong though.

User Info: Shiftfallout

Shiftfallout
7 years ago#9
Sparda, I had the same issue as you with TC. The reason the performance sucks is because of the FFDshow codecs. You can turn them off specifically for the X-3 exe and your performance will get an insane boost. There is a stickied thread about it on the egosoft forums.
  1. Boards
  2. X3: Terran Conflict
  3. What no pit view?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived