What no pit view?

#1Sparda024Posted 7/30/2009 9:29:43 AM

Well I was looking into this game but I didn't see any cockpit views, Yes I know you can see more and all that but I really like the true cockpit view.

Is there a mod that adds them, also I saw that X2 has the cockpit view, is that game still worth playing.

Also one more question, is there a graphical difference between X3R and X3T?

#2BigDanPosted 7/30/2009 12:24:37 PM
TC has a few more lighting additions and some texture additions, but they're pretty close graphically speaking...

... and there is a cockpit mod hosted at the egosoft forums.

---
-Big Dan
It's called the American Dream, 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it. ~ George Carlin
#3Sparda024(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2009 1:47:16 PM

Thanks for the info.

Now ive loaded the game, started a custom game. When I move the ship the game lags so bad, I mean I get like 1 FPS.

Now I have a dual core proc 3.0ghz

9800gtx+ 1GB

3 GB ram

windows vista 32 bit

I should be able to run this game at good frames. I turned off all graphic settings but I still get the same damn results, Very annoying.

Any info on my problem would be great.

#4BuriBuriZaemonPosted 7/30/2009 4:32:30 PM
Have you patched the game to version 2.1?

If you have, then my laptop is hopeless to run this game. :(
---
Life is too important to be taken seriously.
#5CarloTheCuriousPosted 7/31/2009 6:03:22 AM

Patch to the latest version, check your drivers and DirectX are up-to-date, and clear out your codecs.

#6Sparda024(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2009 6:45:08 PM

Well none of that helped me out but thanks for trying.

I am playing X3 reunion now and I loaded my mercury ship with trade software MK3 and I have him trading in home of light.

I am capping pirate ships with my buster.

I am really enjoying the game so far but I have about 500K Cred and that's after spending a little over 500k on Trade mk3. Is there another way to gain Credits a little faster or should I stick with it until have enough to get into stations?

Also I would like to know what weapons I should fit on my buster?, I can kill almost anything but if a nova comes on board I'm running for a gate.

#7Maim00Posted 8/11/2009 9:30:10 PM
Put that TCS mk3 in a freighter. That should make you better credits. An ore or sil mine in the ore belt can sometimes be a good start for a station.

The heaviest weapons a buster can have are the Beta PAC's. When you upgrade to a M3 you can start using Alpha HEPT's.
#8Sparda024(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2009 3:13:25 AM

Ok sounds good to throw down silicone, everyone needs it.

Also I think my mercury is a freighter, its very large and can hold XL cargo like ore. I may be wrong though.

#9ShiftfalloutPosted 8/19/2009 9:47:04 PM
Sparda, I had the same issue as you with TC. The reason the performance sucks is because of the FFDshow codecs. You can turn them off specifically for the X-3 exe and your performance will get an insane boost. There is a stickied thread about it on the egosoft forums.