Duke Nukem Discussion topic

#1PostalDudesHerePosted 12/28/2011 7:47:59 PM
I think it's time those of us that like Duke to have our own hate and argument-free topic to talk about one of the most badass and manly video game characters of all time. feel free to talk about anything duke related from favorite duke game to the aerodynamics of his flattop.

topic rules:
1: NO hate or bashing of any kind.
2: keep it duke related.
3: NO arguing of any kind. if you disagree with something then just say "I disagree" and maybe add a reason as long as it doesn't violate the rules and leave it at that.
4: keep it civil.
5: if you can't follow all the rules then don't post.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today, did you?
#2davidsworld3Posted 12/29/2011 1:06:51 PM

Well I like duke but hated this game, so this implies, and I have already given my detailed reasons why I feel this game does not deserve a high score, or why it should have just been cancelled and redone from the start.

Now lets see how much this generates discussion compared to lets say my last topic where I basically said the same thing just more bluntly.

#3PostalDudesHere(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 1:45:39 PM
you mean the topic where you call everyone who likes the game "fanboys"? and why can't you come into a topic without posting hate or trying to start an argument?

anyway, to go from the only point in your post where any logical and civil conversation can stem: I don't think it should've been restarted but I do think it should've been completed. they should've worked harder to improve the graphics, shorten the load times, allow you to carry more weapons, and tighten controls. but it's out and I'm glad it's out so now it's outta the way and they can move on to make a better game.
---
#4ElBorak77Posted 12/29/2011 3:09:26 PM
i like the sp game pretty good.
the dlc was much better though.

mp is very fun but needs added challenges, clothes, weapons, etc.

i don't feel incentive to use the new weps without getting xp for challeges.
#5PostalDudesHere(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 4:17:00 PM
I liked the mp too (just wish they had added bot matches since mp is practically dead), it had the same simplistic feel that duke 64 had that made it pure and simple fun.
---
#6The_Great_1Posted 12/29/2011 5:01:41 PM

Duke Nukem is a fun character. 
And I like the humor if the game.

I liked it when you see a soldier in the vegas level, and he says "Yeah I went with some guy to save his wife, man what a p****", that was hilarious.  
701pm 

#7PostalDudesHere(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 6:45:48 PM
I love that poke at gears, it was so over acted that it was awesome.

yeah, duke is still one of my fav. vg characters.
---
#8Shah138Posted 12/29/2011 8:48:29 PM
Serious Sam BFE should have DLC for a Duke skin/level/character
---
http://tinyurl.com/6gdhs6b | http://i.imgur.com/YI2us.jpg | http://tinyurl.com/6yke4f5
#9PostalDudesHere(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 8:51:17 PM
that would be sick. I'd love to see duke and sam team up.
---
#10davidsworld3Posted 12/30/2011 1:42:56 PM

PostalDudesHere posted...
you mean the topic where you call everyone who likes the game "fanboys"? and why can't you come into a topic without posting hate or trying to start an argument?

anyway, to go from the only point in your post where any logical and civil conversation can stem: I don't think it should've been restarted but I do think it should've been completed. they should've worked harder to improve the graphics, shorten the load times, allow you to carry more weapons, and tighten controls. but it's out and I'm glad it's out so now it's outta the way and they can move on to make a better game.
---

Funny since you started posting you have made a point to flame everyone who disagrees with you, you reply to every post we make even if it's not about you in any way possible.  You are like the kid that wants to share their germs with everyone and pokes their finger in the cake or something.  You dont challenge our view or anything you are just mad that we dont like the game and accept it like you do, you know you cant prove our point wrong so you ignore it and call us trolls or something similar funny really.

Anyways I dont see sam and duke teaming up they would get into each others way and would end up fighting too the death.

Also I thought you were supposed to be civil?  Guess you failed at that in your own topic you could have ignored me but decided to take another shot at me anyways.  Nice.