Using a Gamepad?

#1Jonny_TsunamiiPosted 12/7/2011 6:22:35 PM
So I downloaded this game on my laptop and the controls are killing me. I downloaded Motionjoy and connected got my Ps3 remote to work. The only problem now is I cant seem to get it to work during the game, I went to the options and tried clicking where it says pad but it isn't clickable. Does anyone think they could me out? Im sure the game would be a lot better if we could use a ps3 remote!
#2chaosR2Posted 12/7/2011 7:49:18 PM
Remote? besides I have that same problem, but with an XBOX 360 controller.
#3Jonny_Tsunamii(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 6:22:16 AM
Yeah, all my friends say pad, I just never called it that, dont know why. I have my XBOX 360 pad connected too, I just cant get any of them to work during the game. Can somebody shed some light on us!?
#4WhoisOvanPosted 12/8/2011 8:00:04 PM
cant you map the controller to the the buttons that play the game...
---
PSN-(BOOM)emptyazureskies
#5GodTazPosted 12/9/2011 6:41:32 AM
To play PC games with a gamepad, I usually get joy2key and do what the above guy said; map the buttons to whatever keys in-game.

Thing is, I've never gotten my PS3 controller to work as a gamepad. I didn't look too far into it honestly, but IIRC I've tried two different programs that claimed to allow you to use your PS3 controller as a gamepad and neither worked out for me. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe the controller just has poor PC support.. I don't know.

Let me know if you get it figured out though.
---
If you are Taz and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
Just call me "God King Emperor Taz".
#6WhoisOvanPosted 12/9/2011 11:36:31 PM
i got a blue old pelican afterglow for ps3 and windows 7 reginized it but the game wont... maybe game has no gamepad support at this time...
---
#7Jonny_Tsunamii(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 9:38:09 AM
Yeah I'm beginning to think that too. There is a tab in the options that says "gamepad", it's just not click-able. Hopefully they do something about it.

I definitely will let you know if they ever change it.
#8WhoisOvanPosted 12/15/2011 10:37:52 PM
so much for that laptop was stolen
---
#9GodTazPosted 12/18/2011 1:09:35 PM
Apparently the NA version doesn't support gamepads yet, but the other versions do.

So yeah, we're probably going to get it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/06WrL.png
#10AznEDPosted 1/2/2012 11:57:02 PM

Apparently the NA version doesn't support gamepads yet, but the other versions do.

So yeah, we're probably going to get it.

Nice. My arcade stick is read as a 360 controller, so hopefully I'll be able to try that lol.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard