Scary

#1DarkwashuPosted 4/30/2009 12:20:16 AM
Now I'm not a horror fan. But I loooove mystery's.

Now I was skeptical about buying this, until I read ThreeTimes review on it, and the first thing he says is..

"There are no zombies after your brains, no monsters trying to chop you up, no aliens intent on mass reproduction, and no battles."
So I get that theres no INSANE ZOMBIES BRAAAAAAAINS after you. Of course, it can still be scary. But, I'm a total wimp when it comes to the horror genre, the scariest thing I've ever watched was the anime, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (Anyone who watched it can tell you that possessed girls/boys with cleavers/tasers/bats=creepy).

Anyway, my point is, is this game really scary with just intense psychological pressure? And if so, should a horror wimp like myself return?
#2enigmaopoeiaPosted 4/30/2009 6:33:23 AM
Personally, the horror in this game is mostly atmosphereic and emotional because you're alone in a strange place with no memories of who you are. You're trying to make your way out of this place while recovering your memories little by little. But there's traps set everywhere in which whomever set them up wants you to die there. Combine that with the gloomy music and depressing storyline, I love Theresia.

And I am kind of a wimp too when it comes to horror, but after getting over the initial playthrough. I am able to play it fine with the music up.

---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=enigmaopoeia
#3threetimesPosted 4/30/2009 8:56:57 AM
BAHAHAHAHA! I lied.

No, I didn't. XD.

It's a great game for horror wimps. Even though there's none of the really gory or scary stuff, it's disturbing enough, but you're learning about the past, and all the horrible things have already happened. And as the previous poster says, it's very atmospheric, and you're unlikely to die. There's a playthrough on youtube if you want to get a better idea of how it all works and looks.
---
*You win some, you ooze some*
#4Darkwashu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2009 1:38:32 PM
K thanks
#5CounterslashPosted 5/16/2009 3:13:53 PM
There's a small in the beginning of the game that did catch me unexpected

Mild Spoilers Below:

It's the beginning of the 2nd part where you stumble across the corpse. It's not really scary but the unexpected cut to a face (not as bad as you think) caught me off guard. Also, at the other end of the hall, the darkened hallway with the swinging door gives the disturbing feeling that there MIGHT actually be another person following you!