Debris: Too low Electronics skill. Solution?

#1SantaKhalaPosted 3/7/2009 5:17:21 AM
Hi. I'm a Biotic and don't have the Electronics skill. I landed on a planet and it had some debris that required me to know about Electronics, but I failed to pick it up.

However, Tali is the tech expert and she has a pretty good base Electronics skill. How can I have her uncover the debris for me?

Thanks.
---
"Oh, my love...Its spewing blood and guttural cries in agony make waiting for your touch almost as painful as the butchery you just caused." ~Raistlyn.
#2Ashora_Posted 3/7/2009 5:23:25 AM
Just put Tali/someone with the required Electrics skill in your party and click on the debris as if you had the skill yourself.
#3vanchrianPosted 3/7/2009 12:07:06 PM
Um... what? You mean you've made it that far without ever using your electronics skill??

The game automatically uses the person with the highest whatever skill in the party for things like these. Just click on the crate of whatever and it'll launch the mini game IF you have someone in the party with a high enough skill level.
#4vanchrianPosted 3/7/2009 12:09:24 PM
Sorry I just noticed something. 'BASE electronic skill'? Dude, everybody you recruit starts with zero levels in every skill so that you can customize them. And no equipment ever changes the level of the skill you have.
#5SantaKhala(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2009 8:58:13 PM
"Just put Tali/someone with the required Electrics skill [level] in your party"

"Just click on the crate of whatever and it'll launch the mini game IF you have someone in the party with a high enough skill level."

Thanks, guys, that was it. It turns out Tali's Electronics skill was just not high enough. I canceled the Auto Assign Skill Point option and manually increased her Electronics skill on our next level-up until she could access hard objects, and it worked fine the way you described. Thank you for the quick response.
---
"Oh, my love...Its spewing blood and guttural cries in agony make waiting for your touch almost as painful as the butchery you just caused." ~Raistlyn.
#6vanchrianPosted 3/8/2009 7:23:48 AM
Never use the auto level up system. The game just does what it thinks is best for that character and not what's best for the whole party. If you manually assign skills you can build a party that can hack and fix anything yet still be extremely powerful.

Tali for me started out weak because I made her focus entirely on electronics and stuff, but she eventually became very powerful in the long run when working together with me and the other party member.
More topics from this board...
Almost Max LevelVogyn310/22 2:40PM