How do i check what licences i bought?

#1kulka-oPosted 12/25/2011 5:56:52 AM

You know those licences that you buy at vendors??  is there a way to check which one i already have. I cant seem to see em in the inventory.

Thanks,

o

#2lalala_laPosted 12/25/2011 7:28:44 PM
I don't think there is a way to check, other than going to the vendors and seeing if they still have any licenses to sell.

Speaking of licenses, is it better off to not buy most of them? I'm thinking that if the NRO only has the licenses for whoever makes the Colossus armor and Savant omnitools and bioamps, then maybe the rarer items will be more likely to show up when he restocks?
#3belisar6Posted 12/26/2011 11:21:05 PM
I don't think you can check, although I believe the licenses will stay in the merchant's inventory the whole game until you do buy it (kind of like grenade/medigel upgrades).

I never buy the 100 credit licenses, as those manufacturers all sell junk. The Ariake Technologies and Armali Council licenses are in the mid-range, and sell okay bio-amps and omni-tools.

I usually just buy the expensive 30K licenses though, as they all sell the good stuff.
---
Stay thirsty, my friend.
#4PioneerCODPosted 12/27/2011 2:05:53 PM
If you care to make the ultimate geared party, and you have Pinnacle Station installed, then you will be rewarded by not buying any licenses other than Kassa Foundation for Colossus armor. Everything else you can get from the Pinnacle Station merchant thingy.

Buying any other licenses just fills up the Normandy merchant's inventory with crap you don't want making Colossus armor less and less likely to appear.
---
The slow blade penetrates the shield.
#5kulka-o(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2011 8:24:56 AM

Thanks for the answers. I found out that checking you supplier in the ship will show you the companies of individual items. You only start with the 'basic' Hahne-Kedar any other companies on items with him will be the bought licneces.

Although, i think, some companies may not show up, when there are more items from different companies or they are low level. Is that right...?   i think i had 4 licences but olny 3 companis showed up on my items in the ship's seller. I might be wrong.

Anywho, i have one more question and idont wanna start a new topic about it.

How do i turn on the flashlight in Mass Effect, as i see on some videoes that there are flashlights on guns.

Thanks again,

o

#6belisar6Posted 12/28/2011 10:53:12 AM
There aren't any flashlights that I am aware of. In ME2, your weapons will glow if you have an ammo power active (i.e. purple for warp ammo, red for incendiary ammo, etc). I never really noticed whether or not there was something similar in ME1, based on the ammo upgrade you have installed.
---
Stay thirsty, my friend.
#7lalala_laPosted 12/29/2011 8:03:54 PM
PioneerCOD posted...
If you care to make the ultimate geared party, and you have Pinnacle Station installed, then you will be rewarded by not buying any licenses other than Kassa Foundation for Colossus armor. Everything else you can get from the Pinnacle Station merchant thingy.

Would you say that the Armax and Serrice licenses are worth it for the Predator armor and Savant omnitool and amp? Or is Colossus X significantly more rare than those?

Also, licenses disappear once you've started a New Game+ right?
#8PioneerCODPosted 12/29/2011 8:58:19 PM
You can get both Savant X omnitools and bio amps from the Pinnacle Station Shepard's apartment vendor thingy (the 220,000 credit option).

Colossus X armor is simply superior to every other armor in the game for any class or race.

You can get Colossus X medium armor for humans and light armor for quarians, but not for any other races or classes from Pinnacle Station.
---
The slow blade penetrates the shield.
#9ziegdPosted 12/30/2011 10:59:05 AM

Since you mentioned the Pinnacle DLC...where do I get the DLC packs?  Googling it doesn't seem to result in any sites where I can actually download the content...is it still available?  (I've read the reviews for the ME1 DLC, and even tho they aren't very favorable, I still might like to add them, if possible.)  Also, ME2 DLC (I read that Shadow Broker is pretty cool).

Can I still get them?  Will they work with STEAM version of the game(s)?

Thanks

#10kulka-o(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 7:02:08 PM

@belisar6

oh ok, thanks.

Well what about this 2006 E3 footager http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yCw29JnQk    start at 2:50