is there likely to be mods?

#1Doober2Posted 1/21/2010 2:38:50 AM
was there any for ME 1?

This will decide whether I get the 360 or PC version. If there won't be mods, then I don't see much advantage for PC.
#2GarudinPosted 1/21/2010 3:51:49 AM
There probably won't be any mods for ME2 and unless I missed them there were no mods for ME1

As to there being no advantages to getting PC version without mods unless your PC isn't as powerful as your 360 then that's all there is advantages
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea
#3karahasanPosted 1/21/2010 5:09:08 AM
Well, if your PC has got what it takes, you play at higher res, and generally speaking, PC games are $10 cheaper than the console version.

(over here though, they're $20 cheaper).
---
But thats just my opinion.
#4mgsfreak1688Posted 1/21/2010 7:02:13 AM
If there won't be mods, then I don't see much advantage for PC.

Well, depending on your specs, you can have a better frame rate, less slow down, better graphics and resolution, and personally, I think the controls are much better with a keyboard and mouse.
---
Playing: Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source
Waiting: Mass Effect 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2
#5weetchexPosted 1/21/2010 8:21:52 AM
There were no (substantial) mods for ME1. The only modding for a ME game that would really be feasible are uber guns and armor and such.
The ME games are so dialogue heavy that I'm not sure I'd want any large new mods. New planets and missions voice acted by the modders and their buddies are not high on my to-play list.
---
So now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
- Dark Helmet
#6Doober2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2010 9:14:14 AM
Well, depending on your specs, you can have a better frame rate, less slow down, better graphics and resolution, and personally, I think the controls are much better with a keyboard and mouse.

See for me, personally, I think I'd prefer the 360 controls. Plus I do find console gaming more comfortable tbh. Plus I had ME 1 on 360 so the whole loading file thing is pushing me that way too.
#7Doober2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2010 9:15:23 AM
although having said all that, I still might end up with the PC version lol. Not really sure what I'm going to buy
#8Lord BladePosted 1/21/2010 9:48:13 AM
Well remember that the PC and console version are being done separately this time.
ME1 was a straight port to PC. While with ME2, it's being tailor made for the PC.

And yeah, you get better graphics and sound, better controls, better loading times, console commands, mods, etc...
---
"I'm the pretty one." - Oghren
#9Doober2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2010 3:49:38 AM
Intel 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz
GeForce 8800GT
4GB RAM

well thats my specs. Still can't decide what to buy it for
#10Doober2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2010 11:59:40 AM
Well as it turns out, I didn't have the save files I thought I did for the 360, so I may as well get the PC version....No reason not to now...

Just one thing....is this a games for windows live game? Hope not, don't think it is but want to know