Physics error

#1Wanana80Posted 1/24/2010 10:26:11 AM
Anyone else having this problem? I've an ATi card, and it keeps saying: "Failed to initialize the physics system. Please ensure you have an updated version of the PhysX System Software installed."

Wth, I've an ATi Radeon 4870!!?!?!
#2JustAndrew88Posted 1/24/2010 10:30:51 AM
ATI doesn't have PhysX.
---
I'm a peripheral visionary. I can see into the future but just way off to the side.
#3Boatboy6Posted 1/24/2010 10:32:32 AM

ATI doesn't have PhysX.

---
Not changing sig until Crysis is released on the N64.
#4funbagsrusPosted 1/24/2010 10:36:05 AM
Uh, isn't physx only installed when you install nvidia drivers?

I can't even find an actual download of the software itself, just SDK crap for creators that want to use physx in their games...

Actually, I did all the leg work for you:

From searcing your error message at google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Failed+to+initialize+the+physics+system.+Please+ensure+you+have+an+updated+version+of+the+PhysX+System+Software+installed&btnG=Search&aq=f&aql=&aqi=&oq=

you get this from the first link:

http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-fix-mass-effect-2-crashes-import.html

I get a “failed to initialize the physics system. Please ensure you have an updated version" error.

Sometimes, you may end up with this message even if you have PhysX system software installed on your system (seems to have only with some NVIDIA cards). The only possible solution we have found so far is to uninstall the existing PhysX version and installing from the setup that came with the Mass Effect 2 DVD disk.
#5Wanana80(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2010 10:39:50 AM
I know, i've checked that link out, but why does the message show up while I'm having an ATi card in my computer...??

Btw, check out the 2nd last comment on that page you just linked:

"I have an ATI graphics card (HD 4670) and i still get the "Failed to initialize the physics system error".

And i can't find any link to download the PhysX software for my ATI card.."

Same problem I guess...:S
#6funbagsrusPosted 1/24/2010 10:41:18 AM
Well, do you somehow have physx installed? I think it shows up in your add/remove programs list if you do...
#7IzaotsiPosted 1/24/2010 10:46:41 AM
I have an ATI card and have no problem whatsoever. And I don't have that Physics stuff installed. Try updating your drivers and screw around in the control center graphic options, might help
#8Wanana80(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2010 10:47:21 AM
Yea, I installed the latest from the Nvidia site, now it starts the game up, and it hangs in a black screen. It won't start, it's not responding....
#9funbagsrusPosted 1/24/2010 10:51:19 AM
Uninstall physx completely and try playing. I'm pretty sure ATi cards shouldn't even be able to use the physx software.

If that doesn't work, try installing the physx software from the ME2 DVD...perhaps there's a special hash of the app that ME2 has to have...
#10Wanana80(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2010 10:54:12 AM
I've done both of what you said. Uninstalled completely (PhysX) -> I get the window about not having physx installed. And if I install the PhysX from the ME2 Disk, it starts the .exe and then it end ups in a black screen not responding to anything.

This is BAAADDD