What did you do at the end? *Spoilers*

#1GabranthXIIIPosted 1/26/2010 7:31:14 AM

Did someone die?

Did you destroy the base, or gave it up for illusive man?

For me.. No one died, and I destroyed the base... can't wait for ME3.

#2nullsubstancePosted 1/26/2010 7:46:13 AM

the same here. think i am gonna make 2 saves, one that save the ship and other that destroy it. would be interesting to have a human reaper in the second one fighting at our side.

#3TTheAnonymousSPosted 1/26/2010 8:01:04 AM
^Or to have it turn on you when you least expect it, considering it should be an obvious trap, considering that the reapers are hundreds of thousands to millions of years ahead in technology.
#4GabranthXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2010 8:11:34 AM

TTheAnonymousS posted...
^Or to have it turn on you when you least expect it, considering it should be an obvious trap, considering that the reapers are hundreds of thousands to millions of years ahead in technology.

Hehe, Yeah. I'd expect it to turn on you, i bet no one in the galaxy would even get stuff out of those Reapers... This option is kinda like the kill council/save council in ME1. First option is for humanity, and the second one is for sake of every species.

Destroy base = For everyone, Give it up for Illusive man = For humanity...as he says, humanity = Cerberus (Yeah, right >_> )

If you did kill the council, you might as well help Illusive man ^^

#5EndofEternityxxPosted 1/26/2010 8:14:17 AM
If you did kill the council, you might as well help Illusive man ^^

Not at all. The Council is rather distasteful of humans. Even after what Shepard does. Killing them gives humanity a stronger foothold, but it doesn't exactly damage other species in the process.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of an incompetent jackass]
#6Grizzmo22Posted 1/26/2010 8:14:50 AM
I wasn't totally sure what Illusive Man really wanted with the plans so I blew up the base. Why would he want to make the human-reaper if him and Cerberus are all about the preservation and rise in power of humanity? I guess he could argue the reaper-human is the "perfect human" as it is an amalgamation of humanity, all working together giving humanity the ultimate power in the galaxy. If he was going to use the plans to find a weakness in the Reapers, then it wouldn't have been a problem.

And Jack died for me. She wasn't loyal, so I expected as much. I didn't have enough paragon to calm her down.
---
Vega for short.
XBL & PSN: KennySP22
#7EndofEternityxxPosted 1/26/2010 8:16:14 AM
He never said anything about recreating the Reaper. o_O He wanted the ship for its technology. That doesn't necessarily mean creating a Reaper. He's clearly evil, and doesn't give a damn about anything other than himself, but I doubt he's stupid enough to think he could create a Reaper that he could control.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of an incompetent jackass]
#8TTheAnonymousSPosted 1/26/2010 8:16:22 AM
I was starting to gain respect for Cerberus 'till the end. They didn't seem too biggoted, until the Illusive Man reaked out and said:

"We could have secured Human *DOMINANCE* against the Reapers and beyond"

At that point, I just picked the "Shut up" option and was glad to release all of my ties to Cerberus. :D.

Focusing on Human dominance weakens the galaxy. In ME1 and ME2 I tried to kill people who just caused trouble and I tried to strength the races as a whole. I.E, convince quarians to not go to war, strengthen and ally with the Geth, keep cure for Krogran genophage.

Weakening the races and having Human dominance will reduce your chances. I doubt the technology from the collector base could be properly utilized by us.....
#9GabranthXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2010 8:26:26 AM

TTheAnonymousS posted...
I was starting to gain respect for Cerberus 'till the end. They didn't seem too biggoted, until the Illusive Man reaked out and said:

"We could have secured Human *DOMINANCE* against the Reapers and beyond"

At that point, I just picked the "Shut up" option and was glad to release all of my ties to Cerberus. :D.

Focusing on Human dominance weakens the galaxy. In ME1 and ME2 I tried to kill people who just caused trouble and I tried to strength the races as a whole. I.E, convince quarians to not go to war, strengthen and ally with the Geth, keep cure for Krogran genophage.

Weakening the races and having Human dominance will reduce your chances. I doubt the technology from the collector base could be properly utilized by us.....

Yeah.. That's why i saved the council, and destroyed the base. Humans are already "hated" in the first ME, save the council -> more respect for humanity. Kill the council = Human dominance.. Less respect, even more hated..

Let us all live in peace.. ^^

#10Tezuka-KunPosted 1/26/2010 6:52:14 PM
I kept everyone alive but I decided to preserve the station I had a hunch that the reapers were coming in Mass Effect 3 and we might have needed that collector base to help us counter the incoming invasion