PC Installation-- Help!!

#1unoit4realPosted 1/26/2010 4:29:38 PM
This problems regards the actual installation of the game. (For the PC)

Everything runs smoothly on the first disc, and the installation starts fine. But when it gets to the point where the message says "Please insert the next disc (Disc 2)," that's where I have problems. I take out Disc 1 and put in Disc 2, and I can hear it spinning and begining to run. However, nothing happens. The "Please insert Disc 2" message doens't go away, even if I click "Retry."

So basically, nothing happens after I put in disc 2. It acts as if I haven't even put in the disc. I've tried launching the disc from the "My Computer" menu, as well as starting over with Disc 1 again.

I'm sure you all know how frustrating it is when you can't get a game working. Any advice??

Thanks in advance!
#2DarkstaPosted 1/26/2010 4:31:29 PM
Do you have more then one disc tray? Odd question I know but I have two and the comp opened up the other disc tray (so my first one was still running) and I put it in there and it worked.

---
MM SF3: Black Ace FC: 442-599-525-414 Name: Metal Sonic
'Machines are the future...
#3unoit4real(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2010 4:35:05 PM
I just tried putting Disc 1 back in my first drive and 2 in the second, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything... Although I'm not a hundred percent sure my second drive even works, so that may still be the problem.
#4DarkstaPosted 1/26/2010 4:37:07 PM
Hmm. I'd say keep trying to install it using different drives and when it asks to insert the other disc chuck it in the other. Sorry its not working :(
---
MM SF3: Black Ace FC: 442-599-525-414 Name: Metal Sonic
'Machines are the future...
#5unoit4real(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2010 4:42:07 PM
Yeah.. By now I'm pretty much used to having things go wrong during installation that prevent me from playing a game. It happens to me more often than not... Thanks for the advice, though.
#6Dark_SavantPosted 1/27/2010 12:15:47 PM
I had this EXACT same problem! However I may have found a solution for you. It worked for me anyway. Try installing the game and when it asks for disc 2, put the disc in the tray, but click the retry button with the tray open, it will automatically close the tray and start reading the disc resuming the installation. For some reason it wasn't working putting the disc in and then clicking retry. So try what I did, hope it works for you too!
#7unoit4real(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 12:22:20 PM
I will try that right away-- Thank you!
#8druswidPosted 1/27/2010 12:33:30 PM
I don't have ME2, but I've got the exact same problem with disc 4 of my CD copy of KOTORII. The first 3 discs install fine, but when I put in the 4th, it doesn't recognize it. I tried the CD drive on my other computer, still nothing. Then I tried the DVD drive. Something. Do you suppose that retry trick (if available) would work with my problem?
---
When man invented fire, he didnít say, 'hey, letís cook', he said, 'great, now we can see naked bottoms in the dark.' - Steve, from 'Coupling'
#9unoit4real(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 12:39:02 PM
It's worth a shot, although unfortunately (I just tried it) it didn't fix my problem- The drive didn't automatically close. I do think it's a technique worth using for anyone with similar problems, though.
#10L3TUC3Posted 1/27/2010 12:40:09 PM
Sounds like a bad disc. Exchange it at the store you got it.