None of my save games are not showing up, anyone else have this problem?

#1GamerGrantPosted 2/1/2010 2:39:17 PM
Can anyone help me out here? I have had this issue since the first time i booted up the game (steam deluxe version). Everything runs just fine and dandy until I save the game and shut down. When I come back and try to load my save games... nothing shows up... And I really mean nothing. Does not list a career or any other data... At first I thought I was screwed and would have to start over... but when I hit resume my game loaded up fine. So the ONLY save file I have to work with while playing are the quicksave/quickload, and resumeing from autosaves... I have managed to make it quite far into the game by working around the issue... but I would like to be able to save at key moments so I can reload and try other options later.

Now here is the stranger part... While searching through the bioware directory trying to find the issue... I found a folder that contains all of my save game data! So my save games do exist.... the game engine just is not displaying them when I try to load.

Does anyone know why this would be? Save that.... does anyone know the directory the game looks for ME2 saves? (I know you can choose the directory it looks for ME1 saves.... I even copied all of my new save files there in case that was where ME2 was looking for ME2 save data.... did not work.) If I can determine the dir the game uses and its diff from where I found the save data, maybe I can solve the problem manually.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions of things I can try to figure this out?

---
Steam: Mercutio420 (I kill zombies L4D style)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
#2EvergleamPosted 2/1/2010 3:23:11 PM
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/839565/1#880334

scroll down and someone left some info on it. If that doesn't work just copy and paste your save files from ME1 into the ME2 folders.
#3GamerGrant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2010 5:52:38 PM
Thanks for the info, but those tips are for importing ME1saves.

The issue I am having is when I boot ME2 and go to load my save game... it doesnt show ANYTHING. No saves at all. In order to play and continue my game, I have to hit "Resume game". Its the only way I have found to load up my current game.. but thats the isue. I can ONLY load my current game.

Anyone else?

---
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
#4GamerGrant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2010 3:03:50 PM
Bump!

Am I really the only one thats experienced this problem? There has to be someone else out there who has had a similar experience and can offer advice.

---
#5GamerGrant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2010 6:15:52 AM
So this is only me?

ok... well can anyone out there at least tell me what directory mass effect 2 will look for mass effect 2 save games for the steam deluxe version?

Beat the game last night and would love to be able to load my safe before the final mission so I can do it again with different choices. ANY help would be appreciated.

---
#6GamerGrant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2010 12:43:40 PM
Bueller?
---
#7Gustavo13Posted 2/3/2010 12:58:29 PM
if I had a nickel for every time someone had a problem with a steam game and save files

---
Serenity now! Serenity now! HOOCHIE MAMAAAAA!
#8GarudinPosted 2/3/2010 1:14:32 PM
C:\Users\user name here\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save

That should show you the saves

And as to

if I had a nickel for every time someone had a problem with a steam game and save files

Notice that steam isn't anywhere in that command meaning it has nothing to do with it, it's just the game messing up somewhere
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea
#9GamerGrant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2010 3:11:48 PM
C:\Users\user name here\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save

That should show you the saves

Thanks! I am pretty sure that is where I found my save game files when I attempted to troubleshoot on my own. I will double check this when I get home tonight. If this is the same folder my save games are already in, at least now I know its an issue with the game itself and can hit bioware or EAs tech support crew. Thanks for confirming this for me, at least now I have additional info to work with towards indentifying the problem.

Much appreciated as is any other thoughts or ideas.

Thanks peoples!

---
#10SlowMotionKarmaPosted 2/3/2010 10:25:01 PM

Mass Effect 1 had the same problem for some people. It's a simple fix. All you have to do is go to your save folder

(Drive):\(Your Documents)\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save\

and create a folder. I doesn't really matter what you name it (I used my character name for organization's sake). And place all your save files in it. Start the game up, and they should appear.