question about romances and Gibbed save editor

#1pouTHEstampedePosted 1/22/2012 7:59:55 AM
I posted this in BSN, but wanted to try here too since it's more PC users.

I want a Shepard that romances Liara in ME1, and stays faithful in ME2 into Lair of the Shadow Broker. But with school I don't have time to replay these 2 long games. I was wondering how much I can use gibbed to achieve this on my "perfect" playthrough where I had no relationship in ME1 and romanced Tali in ME2.

Do I need to dig up a save before I triggered the Tali romance and change the ME1 romance flags for liara and avoid the Tali romance in the rest of the playthrough? Guessing it's be somewhere after her loyalty mission and before...I don't know what.

Or can I take pre-Shadow broker save, set the Liara ME1 flags, break up with Tali after completeing the romance line, and then start Shadow broker? Would it be the same as having carried the Liara romance into ME1 and staying faithful?

OR best case scenario, in my very final post-Arival, everything completed save, can I use gibbed to do everything, as in set ME1 Liara flag and ME2 Liara-only relationship? And while we're at it, what should the flag in ME1 be? They're all "3" now since I didn't romance anybody. Do I just switch it to 4?

Thanks.
---
"P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated"
- RIP Mitch Hedberg, my hero
#2GamemakoPosted 1/22/2012 9:46:28 AM
pouTHEstampede posted...
Do I need to dig up a save before I triggered the Tali romance and change the ME1 romance flags for liara and avoid the Tali romance in the rest of the playthrough? Guessing it's be somewhere after her loyalty mission and before...I don't know what.

This one. Make sure you use the modified version of Gibbed to set the flags mid-game. There is currently no editor for ME2 plot flags. If you want to wait, you may be able to change things later when ME3 comes out and a new editior shows up.
---
One can only wonder at how such idiocy invariably comes to power.
ESTIMATE THE CATACLYSM. CALCULATE THE APOCALYPSE.
#3pouTHEstampede(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 2:20:59 PM
Thanks. Just did what you said, went through Shadowbroker and everything worked fine. And it honestly didn't take that long since I've already heard all the dialogue 4 times now so I was just skipping through everything.
---
"P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated"
- RIP Mitch Hedberg, my hero
More topics from this board...
Companion statusvivafresh27/8 1:25AM