What did Keiji discover? *Spoilers*

#1Philosopher1701Posted 5/9/2010 10:18:40 AM
What information did Keiji discover that would have incriminated the Systems Alliance? Is it Reaper-related?

Also, what did that sphere on Kopis reveal? It was similar to the one on Eletania in ME1. Was that also Reaper-related?
---
"The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."
~ Carl Sagan
#2tarenwandererPosted 5/9/2010 10:41:33 AM
Maybe we'll find out in ME3?
---
When angry count four; when very angry, swear. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ The Lament of the Lost and Forgotten
#3JedisenseiPosted 5/9/2010 10:59:11 AM
The very first image in Keiji's greybox is indeed that of a Reaper -- it's at 4:07 here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qTD1avx-0w

Nothing is "revealed" by or about the Prothean sphere; it just sits on the table in your cabin, humming -- for now.
#4HGATPosted 5/9/2010 11:09:24 AM

The council have obviously been very naughty boys and girls and been doing back deals with the reapers.

#5Philosopher1701(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2010 12:18:35 PM
If a Reaper is involved with the information that could implicate the Alliance... then what the heck?

This is strange. I don't want to misinterpret the situation, but the "implications" could be insane.
---
"The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."
~ Carl Sagan
#6JedisenseiPosted 5/9/2010 12:55:19 PM
The Alliance -- which is humanity's "voice" in Galactic affairs -- tried to downplay or even cover-up Shepard's warning about the Reapers, possibly so as not to hamper recovery efforts and more likely to not jeopardize their newfound status and power following the Battle of the Citadel.

I don't think it was meant to reveal any 'secret connection' to the Reapers, but it is interesting to think that a Reaper agent has infiltrated the Alliance. ME2 does a fairly good job of turning allegiances upside down -- Cerberus vs. Alliance, Ash/Kaiden vs. Shep, Geth as allies, (Krogan as allies?) -- setting up "major decisions" for ME3.
#7Philosopher1701(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2010 1:06:48 PM
But the Council, no matter which Council it is, already knows about the Reapers. They either don't believe it, or they don't want the public to know about it. I don't understand why the Alliance would be implicated if the Council already knows about it too.
---
~ Carl Sagan
#8Kashi_WagiPosted 5/9/2010 1:30:07 PM
That's not necessarily a Reaper. Looks like one, but it could be just about anything.
---
In Blackest day. In Brightest night! Beware your fears made into light. Let those who try to stop what's right -- burn like his power -- Sinestro's might!
#9JedisenseiPosted 5/9/2010 2:21:00 PM
"But the Council, no matter which Council it is, already knows about the Reapers. They either don't believe it, or they don't want the public to know about it. I don't understand why the Alliance would be implicated if the Council already knows about it too."

Only Anderson believes the Reapers are real, and he may or may not be on the Council even. They recovered no tech from Sovereign or Vigil to support Anderson, so the Council can't officially accept that position -- they are 'cautiously stubborn,' not 'hiding' something.

The Alliance seems to be hiding something from the Council though (possibly data recovered from the Normandy?), as Keiji's greybox hints, that would seem to paint humanity in a bad light once the Reapers come 'round. . .
#10jpv2000Posted 5/9/2010 3:16:55 PM
I believe they are all dirty, except for Cerberus and Anderson.

The Council and the Alliance are both trying to contact and work deals with the Reapers so they will be able to live. Much like the deal Saren said he was trying to work out with them.

Cowards, all of them, except Anderson.

Only Cerberus can save the Galaxy. Just as they saved humanity in this game, while the others sat back and did zilch.