Heavy Charge or Area Charge?

#1Radiant_Sol12Posted 4/1/2011 6:41:28 PM
I have 4 points ready for my Charge ability, but I don't know which is better, heavy or area. halp?
---
"If the Illusive Man was voice by Charlie instead of Martin he'd be snorting coke off Miranda's ass." -Revan73
boards captured: 1
#2WingBowlMVPPosted 4/1/2011 6:44:59 PM
Area affects can benefit you more because you still do a good amount of damage with area.
#3extremegunnerPosted 4/1/2011 7:12:11 PM
Always go for Heavy, unless you're playing on a lower difficulty.
---
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.
#4IokuaPosted 4/1/2011 7:23:07 PM
You should never, EVER be charging into an enemy who is close enough to other enemies for Area Charge to be useful. That's suicidal.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#5XgArrancarPosted 4/1/2011 7:23:46 PM
I'll assume you're playing on the harder difficulties. It should be heavy charge, no contest. Heavy charge fully and completely recharges your shields, slows down time to line up a in your face zoomed in headshot that if doesn't kill outright puts them at death's door for you to make to final push with a melee. So less time focused on your target and more on his buddies and getting to cover before your shields get knocked down. Area charge is 75% shield recharge but the AOF radius isn't as large as you might think, also shorter slowdown.

Besides, you want to charge the loner who's in a good position, not the the close group, one of them is way more likely to bring you to the reloading screen, can you guess which?
---
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
#6JaktensTidPosted 4/1/2011 10:48:56 PM
Why would you want area charge? You should be charging at single enemies that are away from the group and gives you a chance to take cover... if you charge into a group of enemies than you're going to be dead... unless you happen to be playing on the noob difficulties..
---
chickenExE and Kami 11-18-09 <3
#7SeulgaistPosted 4/2/2011 12:28:38 AM
Heavy Charge also gives you those couple seconds of slow motion that can help you strategically move around/fire/find cover.
#8njorlsPosted 4/2/2011 5:04:45 AM
Never took area charge, heavy is mandatory for hardcore/insanity.
---
I should go.