Heavy Charge or Area Charge?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Heavy Charge or Area Charge?

User Info: Radiant_Sol12

6 years ago#1
I have 4 points ready for my Charge ability, but I don't know which is better, heavy or area. halp?
"If the Illusive Man was voice by Charlie instead of Martin he'd be snorting coke off Miranda's ass." -Revan73
boards captured: 1

User Info: WingBowlMVP

6 years ago#2
Area affects can benefit you more because you still do a good amount of damage with area.

User Info: extremegunner

6 years ago#3
Always go for Heavy, unless you're playing on a lower difficulty.
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

User Info: Iokua

6 years ago#4
You should never, EVER be charging into an enemy who is close enough to other enemies for Area Charge to be useful. That's suicidal.
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.

User Info: XgArrancar

6 years ago#5
I'll assume you're playing on the harder difficulties. It should be heavy charge, no contest. Heavy charge fully and completely recharges your shields, slows down time to line up a in your face zoomed in headshot that if doesn't kill outright puts them at death's door for you to make to final push with a melee. So less time focused on your target and more on his buddies and getting to cover before your shields get knocked down. Area charge is 75% shield recharge but the AOF radius isn't as large as you might think, also shorter slowdown.

Besides, you want to charge the loner who's in a good position, not the the close group, one of them is way more likely to bring you to the reloading screen, can you guess which?
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

User Info: JaktensTid

6 years ago#6
Why would you want area charge? You should be charging at single enemies that are away from the group and gives you a chance to take cover... if you charge into a group of enemies than you're going to be dead... unless you happen to be playing on the noob difficulties..
chickenExE and Kami 11-18-09 <3

User Info: Seulgaist

6 years ago#7
Heavy Charge also gives you those couple seconds of slow motion that can help you strategically move around/fire/find cover.

User Info: njorls

6 years ago#8
Never took area charge, heavy is mandatory for hardcore/insanity.
I should go.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Heavy Charge or Area Charge?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived