Character Creation

#1CrazyCracker994Posted 12/19/2009 9:03:00 AM
Will it be any more in-depth than the last game? Has there been any word on it apart from that we can edit previous characters?
Personally, I'm glad that we can alter our characters appearance, the character I'm carrying over has problems with her lips being constantly puckered, and her cheeks go inwards, like she hasn't eaten in weeks.

Hopefully it'll be a lot easier to make good looking characters, or at least human looking, because right now there's even videos on youtube on who can make the most hideous looking Shepard, for a game like this, that's not really a good thing.
---
GT = CrazyCracker994
#2AkuryuPosted 12/19/2009 9:09:30 AM
There is a video going around that shows a bit of the character creation. Unfortunately it looks about the same as ME1.
#3Kelloggs22Posted 12/19/2009 10:11:34 AM

As long i can make my shepard's nose a bit smaller so it doesnt affect the other parts of his face, i have everything the way i want except his nose its a bit to big, but otherwise nothing else.

#4GeneralKenobi85Posted 12/19/2009 10:26:14 AM
Well for me the character creation system is useless for Mass Effect. Default Shepard looks awesome and better than anything I could make.
---
"Been in this game one-hundred years, but I see new ways to lose 'em I never knew existed before. " - Casey Stengel referring to the lolMets
#5Switch_296Posted 12/19/2009 11:03:48 AM
^ Well that just means your not very good at character creation.

I created a shepard that far surpasses the default one, in matching his voice and general badassery. Looks like a hardened soldier, bit older than the default guy. His face has alot of character too, did I mention how well it maches his voice?

Just gotta keep at it. I must of spent like 2-3 creating the guy I have at the moment and it was worth it.. the feeling when you create a character that looks that cool/fits the game that well, is awesome.
#6MushdogPosted 12/19/2009 11:10:10 AM
While I feel the character creation's pretty good I do agree that all the noses look bad. The one part of my shepard that I don't like.

I'm gonna make a new one (vanguard w/singularity) and replay before ME2 comes out.
---
The best offense is a good defense.
#7FearthelivingPosted 12/19/2009 11:17:25 AM
"I created a shepard that far surpasses the default one, in matching his voice and general badassery. Looks like a hardened soldier, bit older than the default guy. His face has alot of character too, did I mention how well it maches his voice?"

Every one has different opinions, but could you post a pick of your Shepard? I'm kind of interested on what to you fits Shepard's looks and voice together. Also I had a hard time with character creation in ME1 and felt the default guy was perfect too. So seeing some good created Shepards would be cool.
---
Gamer Tag - FearTheLiving
#8Boomkin5gPosted 12/19/2009 11:29:22 AM
Everybody who says that the face customization sucks probably didn't experiment with it at length like I have seen some people do. I've seen some pretty cool looking Shepards from people who have actually spent time customizing for a long while, and others who have made the female Shepard look very much attractive (something I gave up on after 45 minutes of trying).

People tend to give up on the face customization after about 10 minutes, and then just say it's terrible.
---
Don't stop me now!
#9sheridanmovieguPosted 12/19/2009 11:49:00 AM
have spent long amounts of time with my Shepards, and my male ones always look like strange dough-men. Hell, a lot of the NPCs do too. So yes, I hope it's better this time. The women fair better, though.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#10snakes_righteyePosted 12/19/2009 12:03:46 PM
I've spent hours creating guys (and girls) I have some good ones, but I still prefer the default male Shepard when I play the game, the default female is not so good.
---
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!