Is there any repurcation for saving the council?

#1Chelsea-KiwiPosted 1/11/2010 11:26:41 PM

For example I decided to concentrate on Sovereign so the council died but if you save the council, Sovereign dies anyway (never done this option however). So you get all these Paragon points for saving the council and Sovereign dies yet for thinking of the "bigger picture" and sacrificing 3 council members for the good of the galaxy and I get Renegade points (and some Paragon though). Does anything different happen except for The Paragon/Renegade thing happen?

#2RycyynPosted 1/11/2010 11:29:28 PM
Sovereign is destroyed one way or the other, so there's no real difference. I think this is one place they dropped the ball when I came to consequences of your actions. Granted Sovereign has to die, but they could have thrown something in there, like may Admiral Hackett dies when you go in early to save the council or something.
---
And the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. (This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door-to-door salesmen.)-Good Omens
#3ZerosPosted 1/11/2010 11:38:10 PM
You're completely missing the main theme of the series. The series isn't about "Paragon vs. Renegade". The whole story is about humanity finding its place in the galaxy, reflected through the alignments, since Shepard basically represents the whole race as the only human Spectre. So the ending isn't "Did you sacrifice the council to stop Sovereign." It's more of "Did you save the alien council, showing that humanity cares about the galaxy and that they're ready to join the powers that be or did you let them die so that humanity could assume their natural place as the head of the galaxy". It's basically just the different path that humanity could take as it 'grows up' in the galaxy so to speak.
---
BIG O! IT'S SHOWTIME!!!
#4batmanfan69Posted 1/11/2010 11:40:47 PM
Not to be a condescending jerk, but I feel I must:

... repercussion(s), not "repurcation". As in: "Are there any repercussions for saving the council?"

There. I feel better.
#5evildarkscotPosted 1/11/2010 11:42:03 PM
for the dumb ppl who didnt understand above statement basically save council and put a human on it or kill them and have humans take over
---
if u dont like my grammer tough i dont give a damn what u think
if u keep going on about what gun is the best gun u r a noob each gun is best in a certain spot
#6PoppadopPosted 1/11/2010 11:42:44 PM
Honestly, saving the Council might be the more strategically sound choice. Read the Codex: The best way to fight dreadnoughts like Sovereign is to use your own dreadnoughts, and the Council just so happen to be sitting on one. Not to mention the fleet would have to fight those geth later anyway.
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact."
~ Isaac Asimov
#7evildarkscotPosted 1/11/2010 11:44:42 PM
plus u got the 9:3:1 ratio of 9 turain 3 asari and 1 human in other words for every 1 human dreadnought asari can have 3 and turains have 9 and humans have atleast 8 i believe that means turains should have about 47(this is just guess)
---
if u dont like my grammer tough i dont give a damn what u think
if u keep going on about what gun is the best gun u r a noob each gun is best in a certain spot
#8GunWolfAlphaPosted 1/11/2010 11:49:00 PM
i saved the council for we have to stand with the other races to survive against a common enemy, for if we let them die and took over the other races would attack us and thous starting a civil war. a house divided can not stand.
---
"I'm the enemy you idiot" Anavel Gato
#9StealthyVlad101Posted 1/11/2010 11:50:14 PM

i saved the council for we have to stand with the other races to survive against a common enemy, for if we let them die and took over the other races would attack us and thous starting a civil war. a house divided can not stand.

I couldn't help but laugh.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT:StealthyVlad
#10Chelsea-Kiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2010 11:50:44 PM

marius1080 posted...
Sovereign is destroyed one way or the other, so there's no real difference. I think this is one place they dropped the ball when I came to consequences of your actions. Granted Sovereign has to die, but they could have thrown something in there, like may Admiral Hackett dies when you go in early to save the council or something.
---
And the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. (This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door-to-door salesmen.)-Good Omens

Yeah this is what I thought. Something like this should of happened otherwise there is no real difference. Maybe in ME2 if you saved the council the Alliance will be weak and more dependent whereas if you focused on Sovereignthe Alliance forces are stronger and this effects some decision.