is 30 MAX LEVEL!!!!!???

#21Ninja_GaignunPosted 1/12/2010 8:07:37 AM
They should just cut levels all together and have a system were, you kill something and gain EXP, than you can spend your exp on upgrades.

Like if you want your HP to go up by 10, you can pay 100 EXP, than it increases to 200 EXP , and so on.
---
"nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer" - Jack Thompson
#22menalaos1971Posted 1/12/2010 8:13:26 AM
Level Caps are only annoying if you can reach them well before the end of the game. If, in ME2, that you had to literally do everything in the game to get a level 30 character then that's just fine by me. Even if you had to 90% of everything that's still fine.
---
I'm just like Jesus. I save... often! ** I can't give you your opinion. I can only give you mine. ** Ignorance is cured with knowledge. Stupid lasts forever.
#23monkmithPosted 1/12/2010 8:17:55 AM
levels are arbitrary, they just scale the system to fit the numbers. hell it makes more sense then the last game, where after level 30 (i think) you started getting only one skill point a level.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#24Ray_d2nerdPosted 1/12/2010 8:21:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25Glover33448Posted 1/12/2010 8:29:01 AM
I hate these low lv caps now a days it's BS and lazy programming? To me this games just a FPS now not a RPG. Fallout 3 was the same way I hit lv 20 then it went back to blockbuster. What happen to the days when you could go up to lv 99 or even more. You can keep your low lv caps and crappy FPSers if this is the way RPGs are going now a days I'll give up gaming all together! Maybe I go out and get a GF or something.

The ignorance of the statement in italics is astounding, and completely negates anything of value said after it.

You do realize what the FP in FPS stands for right? First person, as in first person viewpoint? At best this is a 3rd person shooter. Before getting a girlfriend you may want to get a grasp of the English language and what words mean in it, or you might end up cradling some dude's junk while he gives you a reach around thinking "Oh man it is GOOD to have a girlfriend"...

That said, a 30 level cap is just fine with me. In DAO your rewards for leveling up were so good it felt like something. In ME 1 if I have someone off my team for 1 mission they come back to me with like 6 points to spend. That is leveling up too quickly IMO.

I seriously hit level 40 by the time I rescued Liara the first time around, and felt like I had done nothing. If by getting to level 10 or 15 I feel much more powerful in this game then all is well with me.
---
"If honesty is the best policy, then dishonesty, by process of elimination, is the second best policy" - George Carlin
#26Icematt12Posted 1/12/2010 8:45:39 AM
I much prefer 30 levels with upgrades having more of an effect than in the first. An improvement of only 2% doesn't seem worth it. You need to pile on the points before you notice an improvement. It could take longer to level up as well, I think my first one was on the first Geth droids you destroy. Barely had to do anything, some walking and picking a few options with Nihlus and the crew. Wait until you see the game before making a full conclusion.
#27MusourenkaPosted 1/12/2010 9:13:42 AM
Level 30 cap is fine. If I want a game with ridiculous level caps, I'll play Disgaea.
---
"Can't stop myself drinking. Can't stop being me.
If I call, will you come and will you save me?
"
#28KingofDeceit666Posted 1/12/2010 10:31:46 AM
You do realize what the FP in FPS stands for right? First person, as in first person viewpoint? At best this is a 3rd person shooter. Before getting a girlfriend you may want to get a grasp of the English language and what words mean in it, or you might end up cradling some dude's junk while he gives you a reach around thinking "Oh man it is GOOD to have a girlfriend"...

This was awesome.
---
"Such a lot the gods gave to me--to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken."~H.P. Lovecraft
#29ZykesXPosted 1/12/2010 10:33:51 AM
Why are you guys making a big deal about a lv 30 cap this isn't a new thing coming from Bioware

Knights of the Old Republic had a level 20 cap and it worked well, you did not even notice the cap because most people were level 18-20 by the time they fought the last boss.

and Mass Effect one, enemies were scaled based on your level and the difficulty selected. So if you played on Hardcore enemies would generally be 6 levels above you whatever you were lve 20, 40 or 60. they would have the 6 level + over your character (And exp earned from fights were based on your level not what you killed as the higher level you were the more exp you'd earn per kill)

Don't knock it til you try it, you might find the 30 cap isn't that bad once you "Play the game"

---
All the truth is hidden from the world
#30blazers12000Posted 1/12/2010 10:41:13 AM
Why is 30 low? Because it was 60 in the first game? They obviously changed how you level, so the 30 mark is going to be tough to get. Stop whining, you fools.
---
OHH WOOT