advanced weapon training

#1maidenjapanPosted 1/26/2010 8:18:53 AM
as an infiltrator, i just had the choice to pick between assault rifle training, shotgun training, and a really good sniper rifle. i was wondering if this is the only time i will be able to get that sniper rifle (widow anti-material rifle).

also, any suggestions? i feel like assault rifle training would be too similar to my machine pistol and shotgun seems like it would work well with my cloaking, but i kill things from such a far distance as it is, i'm not sure how much i would use it.

is the sniper rifle really worth passing a possible fifth weapon to use?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/noisesolo
#2TheMoosiahPosted 1/26/2010 8:20:55 AM
this thread is relevant to my interests
#3rafalosCPHPosted 1/26/2010 8:21:56 AM
This thread is also relevant to my interests.
---
"I have to stop the Reapers, or something..." - lordmoogle123
Darth1337 - My Hero 1/25/10
#4psycho_leoPosted 1/26/2010 8:23:26 AM

You don't get the sniper rifle after that. I didn't like it all that much so I just went back to that save and chose the assault rifle and didn't regret. Just pick one, test it on that mission for a while and if you don't like it go back.

#5TheMoosiahPosted 1/26/2010 8:24:36 AM

psycho_leo posted...

You don't get the sniper rifle after that. I didn't like it all that much so I just went back to that save and chose the assault rifle and didn't regret. Just pick one, test it on that mission for a while and if you don't like it go back.

This response is relevant to my future course of action.

#6maidenjapan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2010 8:26:52 AM
yeah, i had some fun with the sniper rifle, and while strong, when paired with my hand cannon, i just don't have that much ammo to spare. i end up wasting bullets on smaller enemies that i could kill with either the weaker sniper rifle or my hand cannon.

i think i'll go for the shotgun because i've had some problems where i get stuck in a short range with some enemies.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/noisesolo
#7MakogenPosted 1/27/2010 12:14:38 PM
When I get to that point, I think I'm going to pick up the Assault Rifle Training mainly because, well, a headshot is a headshot. I just picked up that Kinetic Viper Sniper Rifle and it's okay at best, but that slowdown allows me to pop 4 headshots off in rapid succession, coupled with disruptor ammo, psh, done!

Plus, I have the "Collector's Assault Rifle" which I'd love to use.. Combo'd with my "Collector's Particle Beam" would be ow-some. ;D

Later! College calls!
---
gt: bamfstyle
psn: bamfstyle
#8Ras8472Posted 1/28/2010 11:23:08 AM
How do you get the option for Advanced Weapon Training, i missed being an engineer with a sniper rifle like how i was in ME1 >.>;
#9WARTH06Posted 1/28/2010 11:30:19 AM
"Later! College calls"

Your school calls you? I wish my school did that.
I was late this morning because I was up til 6am playing.
---
Alright, let's do this
LEEEEEROYYYYYYY Jenkins!
#10Darkwind_LegionPosted 1/28/2010 12:18:16 PM
Going to have to -completely- disagree here. I just completed ME2 with my Infiltrator and the Anti-Materiel Rifle was my bread & butter for stronger enemies.

I was very much going with the "Pure Sniper" role so I had Assassin as my maxed class as well as sniper rifle upgrade. When I put all this on top of the Anti-Materiel rifle I could punch ALL the way through armor and then perforate the target's health usually down to at least half (even Krogans) with a single well placed shot. Then I maxed Incinerate which is a damage over time effect, fire that off for the cleanup and I basically was mopping the floor with everything.