Can't Save

#1LegitChainsawPosted 1/26/2010 6:03:35 PM
The save option is blacked out and I don't know what to do!? I am afraid to quit because i might lose all my data. i imported a character so its not that i can't connect to a save device. Is there an option somewhere where i can reconnect to my save device if that is the problem? Idk what to do
#2LegitChainsaw(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2010 6:09:54 PM
page 5 after afew minutes...wow
#3DJ_NarioPosted 1/26/2010 8:02:47 PM
I don't know what to do either. My save option has been dimmed for at least half an hour now and I've gotta go to work soon!
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: DJ Nario
#4bjheckmaPosted 1/26/2010 8:05:06 PM
Same here, and I've been playing for nearly 2 hours
#5Cactus11Posted 1/26/2010 8:05:48 PM
Ugh I feel terrible for you guys. I heard that this is a glitch, and that people need to check early to see if they can save otherwise they never can and need to restart o_O
---
drointhewind :Now before I start I am not a sexist, I own a wife
#6macnetoPosted 1/26/2010 8:06:51 PM
i read before that there was some odd glitch that prevented people from saving....is the game auto saving at all?
---
"All Creatures Will Die, All Things Will Be Broken"
x-Box Live - Metsu Sats. PSN- Metsu-Sats
#7SilentHitPosted 1/26/2010 8:08:32 PM
Is it the first time saving in a new game? I read there was a save bug. If it is you just lost all that you've done. Doh.

I also read you need to check on the create shep section if you can save before continuing and wasting time.
#8Mauls_MentorPosted 1/26/2010 8:08:48 PM
After you "remake" sheppard after the intro to the game you SHOULD be able to save. Glitch is you can't.

Sorry to say but there's nothing I know to fix it besides starting a new game and checking early and often.
---
SNAKE'S ON A PLANE!!!
Argh! The truck have started to move!
#9DJ_NarioPosted 1/26/2010 8:17:55 PM
What the heck!? Bioware shipped out a game that doesn't even guarantee that you can save?

Man, I've seen more glitches in Bethesda's games over Bioware's, but come on, leave the fun ones in the game, not the ones that permanently disable you from saving!
---
#10DJ_NarioPosted 1/26/2010 8:33:09 PM
Started my file for the third time and I was finally able to save.

NON-SPOILERS SOLUTION:

Start file. Continue playing until you're able to fire a pistol. If you can't save your file, start your file over. Rinse and repeat until you're able to.

I know, it's stupid.
---