I don't understand the weapons and their upgrades

#1joemama3434Posted 1/26/2010 9:52:45 PM
So I'm a vanguard and I have a grenade launcher, machine pistol, heavy pistol, and a shotgun.

I'm stuck with these same weapons through out the game right? cuz i havn't picked any other weapons up yet.

And how do i upgrade them? I have to remember where I saw the upgrades to buy at the store and remember to go back to them once i get enough money? or am i missing something?

WTF WERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY MADE THIS GAME?

ME1 had the perfect armor / weapon / inventory system... and now this GARBAGE! I'm 5 hours into the game with just one new helmet and one new set of leggings. Is this still an RPG?
#2Alwc37Posted 1/26/2010 9:53:42 PM
you find more weapons as you go, you can buy upgrades but I am pretty sure you need a scientist to upgrade your guns for you. But you can pick him up as soon as you get control of your ship so thats not a hard thing to do.
#3biohazard1775Posted 1/26/2010 9:54:16 PM
So far I've been finding all of my weapons on missions.

To upgrade, you need to have Mordin and use his lab.
---
"Who are Sid and Nancy?"-Harry Mason, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
#4PWAJlMMYPosted 1/27/2010 10:20:36 AM
ME1 had the perfect armor / weapon / inventory system... and now this GARBAGE! I'm 5 hours into the game with just one new helmet and one new set of leggings. Is this still an RPG?<<<<

Ah that is a laugh

It sure was perfect when every time you killed an enemy you got upwards of 4 new armor/weapons/upgrades, Which made you have to constantly go in and delete a bunch of them as soon as you got about halfway through the game, which was incredibly tedious because the inventory was awful in ME1, and having to constantly check to see if your new item was better than your current, which it usually wasn't.

This one is far from perfect, but it's better than being constantly flooded with the same items over and over again.
---
The legalisation of ****sexual marriage. It created a slippery slope until the zombies showed up. Read...your...Bibles...-Nafzger
#5blemleyPosted 1/27/2010 10:42:57 AM

I'm only three hours in, and I have Mordin and have upgraded two weapons with him, I bought a new chest, helmet, legs at omega. I also found new leg armor. Are you searching carefully? You do know you cannot change them from the Menu, you have to be at a terminal (on your shipfor instance)?

#6Sa1nt_401Posted 1/27/2010 10:45:56 AM
all i know is i bought a "helmet' similar to what Garrus wears....and i have no way of wearing it. All i get is the default helmet you start with.

I upgraded 1 weapon and my armor twice...anyway to see the stats? Or do i just assume its better....IDK.....

Love the game overall, but some of the changes are strange to say the least.
---
Gamefaqs "mods" are a joke.
GT: Dead SA1NT